A lot of people will disagree with my hardware modeler ranking

This is an FM9 with zero cover from the South Florida sun, across the street from the ocean. The glare is worse looking straight down on it like this, but the scribble strips are clear as a bell regardless what angle you're looking at it from.

FM9Sun.jpg

And before anyone says anything about the dirty FM9, blame this guy-

DoggieFM9.jpg

When did it happen that all these heavy shredders became the benchmark for testing whatever guitar equipment?

I think the OG gear demo guys will always be the benchmarks, everything else that's come after is people throwing their hat in the ring because it works. I'm a metal/gear nerd, I'm not sure I've ever seen one of this dude's videos before, but he's got 12k views in 1 day.

If you demo it, they will come. I was looking at my YouTube analytics the other day after Blabbermouth used one of my videos in an article, the majority of my views/subscribers have come from people searching for gear and every video that mentions a piece of gear by name has quadruple or more views than any other videos on my channel, aside from some oddities. I don't even make videos that are engaging or from the mindset of getting subscribers, they're usually done in 2 minutes for something we're talking about here or because I was stoked about something.

I think the OG gear demo guys will always be the benchmarks, everything else that's come after is people throwing their hat in the ring because it works. I'm a metal/gear nerd, I'm not sure I've ever seen one of this dude's videos before, but he's got 12k views in 1 day.

If you demo it, they will come. I was looking at my YouTube analytics the other day after Blabbermouth used one of my videos in an article, the majority of my views/subscribers have come from people searching for gear and every video that mentions a piece of gear by name has quadruple or more views than any other videos on my channel, aside from some oddities. I don't even make videos that are engaging or from the mindset of getting subscribers, they're usually done in 2 minutes for something we're talking about here or because I was stoked about something.
Where can I find this channel @DrewJD82

Internally in my one man company that watches YouTube videos to late at night, we call him Mr.fizz

I can’t say I’ve ever heard him get a tone that I thought sounded good. The type of music he plays is nearly amelodic and seems to be intentionally abrasive to listen to, so the tones might be on point for that style. Fizzy and unpleasant might be just what he wants.

Last edited:
I can’t say I’ve ever heard him get a tone that I thought sounded good. The type of music he plays is nearly amelodic and seems to be intentionally abrasive to listen to, so the tones might be on point for that style. Fizzy and unpleasant might be just what he wants.
Well, he‘s a Death Metal guy… I think his sound is appropriate for the genre.

Back