A lot of people will disagree with my hardware modeler ranking

Is there a dresses forum though where they compare quality of materials and Zip up times

Do people say this is what I would do and throw out dress designs and shoe improvements
Not sure about dresses, but for zippers it's basically YKK zippers and everything else is lesser stuff. A bit over a decade ago I bought a few custom made leather jackets so I learned about this sort of thing.

You're getting shafted on that lonely island of yours. €969 over here, translating to £815
Still massively overpriced for how shite it sounds. I had one of those side-by-side with the Kemper and Axe FX III too. Couldn't get a good sound out of the Boss at all when it came to high-gain chugga stuff. Also I think they nickel and dime you on the effects side of things. Just a very poor value proposition overall.

Still massively overpriced for how shite it sounds. I had one of those side-by-side with the Kemper and Axe FX III too. Couldn't get a good sound out of the Boss at all when it came to high-gain chugga stuff. Also I think they nickel and dime you on the effects side of things. Just a very poor value proposition overall.

Well, very likely I'll buy one in a few weeks anyway. Just to offend everyone round these parts.

Well, very likely I'll buy one in a few weeks anyway. Just to offend everyone round these parts.
In my mind: great IO set and efx for the price. Mature midi implementation, nice that it has 2 stereo global EQs. Owned the core for years…mostly as an efx unit.
Nothings perfect: to my ears the perceived “great amp feel” is cause of some stuff happening in the very low end of the mids. To me it was a little too spongy, especially live. Also, I assume same phenomena, when you play 3rds on a the G and B string, there’s a clearly audible exaggeration of a sound an octave below. Which is natural on overdrive sounds…but I was bothered by the exaggeration of it. In a full chord, in a rock/pop mix…a non issue…but I play mostly trio settings with bass/drums…where it pops its head out.

I’ve had the Boss GT 1000 a few times and I’m still half tempted to get an ME 90 or GX 100 to see how it is running with a tube amp…

My opinion aint worth shit ultimately, do your thing.

I actually value your opinion quite sometimes. But in this case, my needs simply are quite special. And no other unit seems to be suited as well as the GT to adress certain things.

Namely:
- Form factor. Just excellent. Lightweight (in comparison), EXP pedal onboard while still being smaller than an FM9 and just as big as a Kemper Stage (which are the only other contenders, no way I'll buy a Helix Floor again, sold it for a reason).
- Live-ready display (/cue reasons to sell the HX Floor...).
- Mobile editor. None of the others have that.
- Global blocks. Dito, the others just don't have that functionality (Kemper Stage might work utilizing the parameter lock function, though).
- Tried and trusted Boss hardware quality.
- Super low latency, allowing me to use the loops without worrying, even in case I slap a digital unit into them.
- And because of that, I will as well be able to easily use it in a somewhat expanded setup, too, effectively replacing an external loop switcher.

These are enough reasons for me to make it the best all-in-one solution for some certain kind of gigs that seem to be coming up. In the first place I need something suitcase/backpack friendly offering a proper amount of switches and sufficient output options. Could use my Stomp board for one particular gig I have in mind, but it'd fail once things get a little more elaborated or need more instant tweaking.

Also, I assume same phenomena, when you play 3rds on a the G and B string, there’s a clearly audible exaggeration of a sound an octave below.

Gonna keep an eye (err, ear...) on it, should I get the thing (which, as said, I consider to be very likely).

Last edited:
I had the GT1000 and it was great in 4cm. I didn’t try the amp models. Form factor is fantastic.

I actually value your opinion quite sometimes. But in this case, my needs simply are quite special. And no other unit seems to be suited as well as the GT to adress certain things.

Namely:
- Form factor. Just excellent. Lightweight (in comparison), EXP pedal onboard while still being smaller than an FM9 and just as big as a Kemper Stage (which are the only other contenders, no way I'll buy a Helix Floor again, sold it for a reason).
- Global blocks. Dito, the others just don't have that functionality (Kemper Stage might work utilizing the parameter lock function, though).
- Super low latency, allowing me to use the loops without worrying, even in case I slap a digital unit into them.
- And because of that, I will as well be able to easily use it in a somewhat expanded setup, too, effectively replacing an external loop switcher.

These are enough reasons for me to make it the best all-in-one solution for some certain kind of gigs that seem to be coming up. In the first place I need something suitcase/backpack friendly offering a proper amount of switches and sufficient output options. Could use my Stomp board for one particular gig I have in mind, but it'd fail once things get a little more elaborated or need more instant tweaking.

Gonna keep an eye (err, ear...) on it, should I get the thing (which, as said, I consider to be very likely).
It is as by no means a negative buying advice, I think your right on your “positive list”.
I drink too much vinegar in the morning, and have something to wine about everything I own(ed) ;)

It your gonna use the loops..keep an eye on the settings of the loop in the global menu..there’s one where it splits the return into the rest of your digital chain PLUS one to the main outs. (So bypassing the verything after the return) Drove me mad ;)….untill I found the 3rd option (IIRC) it’s called aux off), which solves it.

B stock for 889 at Bax shop in the Netherlands, your in DE right?

B stock for 889 at Bax shop in the Netherlands, your in DE right?

Yeah, but Bax is getting pretty popular over here. Thanks for the reminder.
Will buy second hand, though, there's plenty of them around, going for 600-700 (often with a case or bag thrown in). And unlike with some others, I'd have no fear buying a used unit. As said, Boss stuff is made to last.

It's actually quite weird. After all these years I might end up using the modeler typically connotated less than shiny.
But then, this is pretty much exclusively going to be a live unit. And for any live situation, once the sound is something I can deal with, plenty of other things (see above) become vastly more important for me.
Fwiw, just recently I played some gigs with my rusty GT-10 (admittedly running it through an AMT Pangaea IR loader) and it's been much more fun than I had expected. Wouldn't play a heavy gig with it, but otherwise, I couldn't think of much it wouldn't be sufficient for.

Namely:

Core with a Stomp in its fx loop would be a killer small setup.

Kemper's architecture seems to lend itself to being nearly completely immune to tone changes when the firmware is updated. The architecture is only part of it though. Part of it is the company philosophy. When new delays were introduced, the old ones were still there untouched. Same for other features. When improvements to the capture were introduced, it didn't effect the captures you already had in your setup. As a result, I have never had a tonal change from a firmware update .... and I have owned the Kemper since 2013.

It may be that the difference between a "modeler" and a "profiler" may make this easier for Kemper to do; however, it seems to me that Fractal doesn't expend much effort to prevent tonal changes in existing setups. It almost seems the opposite in some cases. I have a few friends that are running the Axe III Fx that have expressed their frustration that they can't get bug fixes and new features without re-setup of their gig rig. 2 of the 3 guys I know that have the Axe have 2 of them so they update one and then use the un-updated one as a reference when they update.

Again, it is a valid concern if you use your rig to gig with and maintaining specific tones is important to you across your setup.

The reality of it is that Christoph said quite a while ago that there was little he could do to improve upon the profiling aspect of the Kemper, so chances are that he has focused his attention on other areas of the unit. I’ve had mine since 2014, so I lived through all of the updates to the delays and reverbs & various other improvements. It’s still a great sounding unit, and if I had a bit more flexibility as far as signal chains and such it would still be my daily driver.

If fractal can improve the gui they would kill the market. Maybe not touchscreen needed but get rid of the 1990s vhs control buttons and look and a brighter screen and knobs on switches like c/ temp

If fractal can improve the gui they would kill the market. Maybe not touchscreen needed but get rid of the 1990s vhs control buttons and look and a brighter screen and knobs on switches like c/ temp

He would have to completely change his business model if he wanted to dominate the market in sales. Other than that, Fractal is already generally recognized as the king of the hill.

Lol......improved gui or not.....I bet I know who's not getting one!
laugh.gif

He would have to completely change his business model if he wanted to dominate the market in sales. Other than that, Fractal is already generally recognized as the king of the hill.
Well the interface needs work in 2024/25. And I think knobs on the switches is a no-brainer going forward will any modelers

Back