A lot of people will disagree with my hardware modeler ranking

I never said that there wasn't a place for a small device, only that "serious" guitarist (meant to say higher end local acts and touring) wouldn't use one.
Let me get this straight…what you are saying is that any guitar player using a helix stomp, or fm3 or QC…isn’t a serious guitar player…and isn’t in the high end segment?

I mean, one could argue they're already significant, it's just that any changes and improvements may be more obvious when making new presets from scratch, depending on the models and effects used.
Question for you
In some of the previous update I remember the one with the Archon
You would say things like there are 6 new amp models in 3.2
You don’t say that anymore was it stopped on fear that the # could change
I thought it was cool when you could give some more details like that

Question for you

Blame Neural for all the other manufacturers being a bit reserved in their announcements these days.

Question for you

I think DI has been hard at work on the upcoming HX -1 release.

Yup. True.

Alas, crying is a full-time occupation for some, and then they double down with it
being a favourite pasttime after all those work hours spent crying. :bonk

I am really put off by the online guitar community at the moment. I know
real struggle--as I suspect many of us do---and having to rework presets is
not anywhere close to real struggle. Nor is the ream of issues coming from
the folks who seem to turn everything to shit that they touch. What a gift! :LOL:

We live in a literal Golden Age. Getting out of our own fucking way and
realizing this is 99.9% of the challenge.

#cryingaboutthecrying :rofl
Hey
Don’t let the Debbie downers get to you!
A voice of reason is refreshing to see 👍

Hahahahha the online speculation/bickering/anger over 'y not my amp? or peddle?'/all the @'s DI would be dealing with....I can totally understand why they don't get more detailed than "there's an update coming"!

Look at our upcoming Fractal product thread, no one even needs any additional details than there being a product that requires FW and BOOM. :rofl

My thoughts in regards to 'this update broke my presets'. how much are they mangling the amp to sound like something it's not in order for these smaller updates to require more than a simple turn of the B/M/T/MV knobs?

I can definitely give some leeway to the guys who primarily rely on poweramp distotion for their base tone across their presets, depending on the amp and MV, that can definitely change how the EQ of the amp sounds and require more than just a simple knob turn, but even then, none of these updates have taken any amp out of the ballpark it's always been in.

Honestly; the only brand that routinely does that much regular retooling is FAS. The HX stuff has some bits from time to time. I just don't see that big a change. I have to work to hear things in FAS as is. So Lead Ears McGinty status duly noted; it's really a non-issue. Unless you are one of those preset per song wingnuts.

Attachments

• IMG_5483.gif
    IMG_5483.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 8
Hahahahha the online speculation/bickering/anger over 'y not my amp? or peddle?'/all the @'s DI would be dealing with....I can totally understand why they don't get more detailed than "there's an update coming"!

Look at our upcoming Fractal product thread, no one even needs any additional details than there being a product that requires FW and BOOM. :rofl
ALL AMPS MATTER!!

Hey
Don’t let the Debbie downers get to you!
A voice of reason is refreshing to see 👍

Thanks, Cheech! :beer

I love gear and talking it as much as the next guy (or gal!). I just think there are
times when the convo(s) can get into the weeds, so much so that the primary aim
of why any of us wanted to play guitar (or acquire gear) gets lost in the shuffle. :idk

I never once thought when I was 15 that I wanted to play guitar so I could argue
and debate 40 years later on the Internet that didn't exist when I was 15. :LOL:

Honestly; the only brand that routinely does that much regular retooling is FAS. The HX stuff has some bits from time to time. I just don't see that big a change. I have to work to hear things in FAS as is. So Lead Ears McGinty status duly noted; it's really a non-issue. Unless you are one of those preset per song wingnuts.

iLock Preset Guy chiming in. :hmm

:rofl

Let me get this straight…what you are saying is that any guitar player using a helix stomp, or fm3 or QC…isn’t a serious guitar player…and isn’t in the high end segment?
Ok, it is quite clear at this point that my wording was way off in the first post.

Back to my original point, there are MANY (most) gigging musicians both touring, and local bar band guitarists that WOULD NOT use a 2 or 3 button digital guitar amp live.

There are many gigging musicians who WOULD use such a device, but I still contend that for most gigging musicians that are attracted to a digital guitar amp, are going to want a better floor board than that.

Just to put this in perspective, can someone post a touring guitarist on a big stage using ONLY a 3 button digital amplifier?

As for the strange off-shoot topic of tone changing when updating the firmware, for ME that is a DEAD NO. As has been eluded to in other posts regarding having tones for different types of songs, I have worked hard over years to accumulate a library of sounds that I use live and that work very well with a wide variety of songs and sit in the mix nicely. Kemper tones DON'T change when up update firmware. Not since 2013 when I bought mine.

I know others here are arguing that people should just stop wining and update their patches when this happens. Seriously? I suppose some people are just used to being screwed by the OEM of their digital amp and don't mind it anymore.

I wonder why this topic isn't one of the metrics used by these geniuses that make these "best digital amps" videos? Perhaps they only talk about using the device vs having to actually gig with it for a living?

Again, my point is that without the perspective of "best for what?", any "best digital amps" comparison is simply useless.

Back