A few short clips

Gearzilla

Shredder
TGF Recording Artist
Basically in another thread elsewhere that is no longer with us I would occasionally pick a meme or an ongoing theme taking place in the thread at the time and create a quick clip. I also asked other people in thread if they were interested to over a weeks time to put together a clip based on the theme in any manner they felt like stylistically, and then to share it with the thread. The clip structure was open ended other than incorporating the reference.

Unfortunately no one else ever shared any clips at the time....:hmm

These three clips below are the end result. Pretty much sketch board style raw tracks combined without mastering, etc...

Should be listened to in stereo because there's no mono mix. :bag

Hoping to maybe fire back up the "Gearzilla clip challenge" occasionally on the gear forum, and hopefully some other people take part in the future over here.

Last edited:
Basically in another thread elsewhere that is no longer with us I would occasionally pick a meme or on going theme taking place in the thread and create a quick clip. I also asked other people in thread if they were interested to over a weeks time to put together a clip based on the theme in any manner they felt like stylistically, and then to share it with the thread. The clip structure was open ended other than incorporating the reference.

Unfortunately no else ever shared any clips at the time....:hmm

These three clips below are the end result. Pretty much sketch board style raw tracks combined without mastering, etc...

Should be listened to in stereo because there's no mono mix. :bag

Hoping to maybe fire the "Gearzilla clip challenge" back up occasionally, and hopefully some other people take part in the future over here.

I loved this idea back then, I just know I had life kicking me around at the time. I was thinking of starting a Song/Riff Of The Week thing here, which is what we did on another forum to keep some of us in the routine of writing/recording. Winner takes all the happy feelings of satisfaction they did something creative and nothing more. It was great, healthy competition!

This might be a great way to approach it here!

I’m gonna need a light weight DAW app… last one was Cubase (for the legacy midi)

Recommendations?

Has to run on an old m$ft surface pro4 256 mb ram and 1T ssd; (or an iPad Pro m1 if I steal my wife’s b-day gift back?)

I’m gonna need a light weight DAW app… last one was Cubase (for the legacy midi)

Recommendations?

Has to run on an old m$ft surface pro4 256 mb ram and 1T ssd; (or an iPad Pro m1 if I steal my wife’s b-day gift back?)
I don’t really have any recommendations along those lines. I’m using Logic with an older MacBook Pro.

Back