A delay pedal so good all my bills will be delayed this month

internet Sell GIF

I believe the asking price for this is $600. LMAO!

Boss' prices keep going up and up, yet they have outsourced from Taiwan to Malaysia for whatever reason. Not sure what the deal is there, but they are pricing themselves out of the market, to be honest.

People in other parts of pedal land spend a thousand bucks or more on reproduction tonebenders that come in fancy silk bags. Compared to that, this seems like a pretty good value. But in both cases, they're pricing based on an obsession to get exactly that tone.

They seem to be banking on nostalgia here, which tbh in this space I'm getting really f*****g sick of seeing.

This doesn't do much more that you couldn't get from DD500, Timeline, Flashback II, DIG, etc, and at a much cheaper price.

I don’t agree. If the audio path is up to par with the old rack units I think it’s worth a premium with all the features it has. To do the same thing with good rack gear would be crazy expensive and a huge rig. That assumes it really sounds as good as the best vintage rack units.

People who know those old units well swear they sound better and sweeter than the modern units you list. I haven’t had my hands on this one, so I can’t say it beats them. But if it at least equals them I would argue it’s quite a bargain. We’ll see how it compares, I’m sure there will be comparison recordings soon enough. If it doesn’t hang with them sonically, then it’s a little tougher to sort. Built in wdw support with the ability to take really hot signals and built in noise suppression has to count for a lot if this is your kind of thing.

D

I believe the asking price for this is $600. LMAO!

Boss' prices keep going up and up, yet they have outsourced from Taiwan to Malaysia for whatever reason. Not sure what the deal is there, but they are pricing themselves out of the market, to be honest.
It's not just Boss. Pedal prices have gotten out of control across the board but it seems like people are willing to pay. I stopped buying pedals because they simply don't make sense anymore financially. You can buy good guitars for the same or less than the cost of many single use pedals. I just got a nice used tenor sax for less than the price of this pedal. It doesn't make sense to me.

I don’t agree. If the audio path is up to par with the old rack units I think it’s worth a premium with all the features it has. To do the same thing with good rack gear would be crazy expensive and a huge rig. That assumes it really sounds as good as the best vintage rack units.

People who know those old units well swear they sound better and sweeter than the modern units you list. I haven’t had my hands on this one, so I can’t say it beats them. But if it at least equals them I would argue it’s quite a bargain. We’ll see how it compares, I’m sure there will be comparison recordings soon enough. If it doesn’t hang with them sonically, then it’s a little tougher to sort. Built in wdw support with the ability to take really hot signals and built in noise suppression has to count for a lot if this is your kind of thing.

D
Lots of people often swear lots of different things. Whether it's true or not.

Lots of people often swear lots of different things. Whether it's true or not.

Well, when some of them are people like Michael Nielsen, Dave Friedman, and Peter Frampton I tend to listen to them and expect they know what they’re talking about.

My wallet is safe, doesn’t appear to support subdivisions for both delay 1 and 2.

D

Gonna come off a bit skeptical, here.

Grew up on Eddie and Vai (who really used them - not just Ed-style-two units with a different time settings never switched off ~400/800ms?) using these delays.

If not interested in the WDW EVH thing, there are other options already around for delays.

If it does do what it is supposed to do, this is a good deal compared to buying up the original units, line mixer and switching gear to get there. Though the thing is missing is the H-3000 Micro-Pitch as Jive pointed out.

Was it clarified that there is an in-phase dry-though available like the original SDE-3000? Ed used dry into his wet cabs, I'm ~sure that was achieved using the dry though from the Rolands, into the HH poweramps, into the wet cabs.

They seem to be banking on nostalgia here, which tbh in this space I'm getting really f*****g sick of seeing.

This doesn't do much more that you couldn't get from DD500, Timeline, Flashback II, DIG, etc, and at a much cheaper price.
Agree, being an EVH fan there are already ways to get that sound (sans Eddie - no unit comes with his hands).

Last edited:
Well, when some of them are people like Michael Nielsen, Dave Friedman, and Peter Frampton I tend to listen to them and expect they know what they’re talking about.

My wallet is safe, doesn’t appear to support subdivisions for both delay 1 and 2.

D
I don't really respond to the "archetype" vibe tbh. Whether an artist uses a thing or not, is almost always a secondary concern for me. Leon and Pete are great, but I don't feel the need to use gear just because they do.

I look at feature sets first and foremost, then I look at algorithm sound quality and depth and capabilities, and then I might enjoy the curio of artist rosters. Maybe.

Not supporting subdivisions is a bit mental in this day and age. Do they support it for one of the delays but not both, or just not at all???

The more I look at this pedal the more I'm like "whhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyy??"

Back