535Q Cry Baby Mini

kartikg3

Roadie
I am a wah lover. Ever since I sold most of my analog gear including my favourite 535Q wah in the hopes of the best in class modelers easily replacing it, I have been extremely disappointed with the way tones on them. I have tried the MX5, Line 6 HX, among other ones, and I ve never been happy with the wah. Granted, the wah tones I look for ranges from Hendrix-esque tones, to Kirk Hammett, to Joe Satriani to Vai type ways, and my original 535Q was the only one that could take me there.

I found a great deal on a used like new 535Q mini. Bought it, plugged it in and a couple of turns of the q knob, the boost and the range selector and immediately I am there!

Pics to come soon.

I am a wah lover. Ever since I sold most of my analog gear including my favourite 535Q wah in the hopes of the best in class modelers easily replacing it, I have been extremely disappointed with the way tones on them. I have tried the MX5, Line 6 HX, among other ones, and I ve never been happy with the wah. Granted, the wah tones I look for ranges from Hendrix-esque tones, to Kirk Hammett, to Joe Satriani to Vai type ways, and my original 535Q was the only one that could take me there.

I found a great deal on a used like new 535Q mini. Bought it, plugged it in and a couple of turns of the q knob, the boost and the range selector and immediately I am there!

Pics to come soon.
Well hello there buddy, nice to see you here.

Cool you found a wah you like! I’m a complete noob on wahs, gone through a bunch in my stomp but honestly I don’t know how it should or shouldn’t sound :ROFLMAO: I hear that they all do the same think kinda, but with different frequencies or something. Any advice on a decent wah in Helix?

Well hello there buddy, nice to see you here.

Cool you found a wah you like! I’m a complete noob on wahs, gone through a bunch in my stomp but honestly I don’t know how it should or shouldn’t sound :ROFLMAO: I hear that they all do the same think kinda, but with different frequencies or something. Any advice on a decent wah in Helix?
I saw you and some other good friends here and I decided to jump into this new forum as well. It's like I never left home. Gotta make a Headrush MX5 thread and bring the folks back in here as well!

I have no idea with the ways on Helix. I sort of have up after some tweaking. Maybe the sounds are there, but it's just too hard for me.

I try to go for these wah tones to see if I like a wah model

Back