5153 white vs gold vs black

First gig I play with mine I’m gonna jump/kick off it like Eddie used to do to his cabs back in the day.

Exercise Stretching GIF

Played an EL and an S 50w today at GC. The EL must have had a fault somewhere as it didnt have a fuse or a fuse cap so I kept swapping the fuse from the S to compare the two.

The EL sounded bad, like questionably bad, maybe due to whatever blows fuses. The S was great even at lower volumes and on clearance for some reason.. There is one on Reverb for a good price so I might jump.

They had a Badlander too, but I have more things to do today.

I was about to bring mine out of storage to add to the reamp. Maybe I will.

What are you disliking?
I almost feel like something is wrong with it

The blue channel is just so weak even with a boost. I never felt like this with the 6l6 or stealth.

I'll post some clips soon!

I almost feel like something is wrong with it

The blue channel is just so weak even with a boost. I never felt like this with the 6l6 or stealth.

I'll post some clips soon!
Curious to hear clips.

That is odd. Did you do the c137 mod?

After that I loved the blue.

Ya know what’d be cool? An amp-mod sub where we can post mods like this in an easy to find place for reference.

Also, I was reading this and thinking “Blue channel is muddy???” then realized this C137 mod is for the EL34 to turn it into the 6L6 version’s Blue channel. That explains everything.

Re: C137 mod.

I've read about this across a number of boards. Hasn't the brand caught wind of the mod as something they should do stock???

Just seems weird to buy such an iconic amp from an iconic brand and out of the box a channel 'sounds like mush' unless you attack
it with wire cutters.

Are there people out there that LOVE the EL34 version stock?!?!?!?

Back