5153 white vs gold vs black

The faceplate colors are unique between the three models. The 6L6 comes in ivory or black tolex.

So these 2 are the same.
1704684270459.png
1704684310178.png

And this is the one and only Stealth?
1704684368385.png

THANK YOU for the clarification. I had it confused for sure.

Last edited:
Stealth is the most versatile of the 3.

The OG (White) will be the closest to a Peavey 5150 sound you get on a 3. - Being the Red channel to achieve such.

The Gold (EL34) is closer to an old Marshall on the blue channel, but because of shared EQ's makes it harder to sculpt for the Red channel.

So, depending on what you wanna play will determine most bang for your buck.

Frankly I have an LBX ii (Green -clean, blue -crunch) that is the best sounding EVH I've ever had.

This is coming from a 5150, 5150ii, 5150iii 100watt 6L6, 5150iii 50watt 6L6 owner.
If I ever had to do giant gigs again, I'd probably route the LBX into a Power Amp the way Ed did I like the sound so much.

Took wayyyyyy too long to get it.

Was looking really hard at one of these.
So not the Stealth version?

1704742392321.png

Took wayyyyyy too long to get it.

Was looking really hard at one of these.
So not the Stealth version?

View attachment 17026
Hahaha, I don't think there is a Stealth version of the lunchbox amps, just a I II and III versions. Also I have heard from multiple people that the II amp is the best iteration.

EDIT: gaww dammit there IS a Stealth LBX?? Them boys at Fender EVH need to chill lmao.
Apparently the III IS the Stealth? I don't know the lunchbox amps as well...

Last edited:
What do you intend to do with your new EVH amp? (Music style, recording gear, play out venue sizes, etc)

That could help narrow down your decision.
I guarantee you, one version will meet all your needs.

What do you intend to do with your new EVH amp? (Music style, recording gear, play out venue sizes, etc)

That could help narrow down your decision.
I guarantee you, one version will meet all your needs.

Keep reading about people doing immediate tube swaps to tame the excessive gain. Think maybe the amp's not for me.
Ever since getting the LP clone I'm backing off gain with everything.

Back