2024 Do Something Challenge - Week Seven

Tried to redo this. Shortened the intro bit to try to get on with it a little sooner. Used the multipresser to try to get rid of some of the "Make it stop" freq's between 100-140 on the distorted stuff. Tried to thicken up the middle bit with a couple chords pulled back in the distance. (And try to make a slightly better fade) Tried to pump up the bass some. (Which goes in and out of being buried) Volume automation to try to raise the finale up a little more.

Not sure it got any better as a mix. I got full respect for mixers, I'm staring at a compressor like Bozo Bob Rock. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
How does one get involved with this so-called "Do Something" program? I fear it may be an obvious answer.
Pretty easy. Make some new music and submit it.

It can be you doing a cover. Playing a lead over backing tracks. An all-original thing, whatever. Just needs to be something you DO during the season, not DID in the past, and needs to be you. Pretty Lucy Goosey rules after that...

Tried to redo this. Shortened the intro bit to try to get on with it a little sooner. Used the multipresser to try to get rid of some of the "Make it stop" freq's between 100-140 on the distorted stuff. Tried to thicken up the middle bit with a couple chords pulled back in the distance. (And try to make a slightly better fade) Tried to pump up the bass some. (Which goes in and out of being buried) Volume automation to try to raise the finale up a little more.

Not sure it got any better as a mix. I got full respect for mixers, I'm staring at a compressor like Bozo Bob Rock. :ROFLMAO:

Sounding tasty Whizz!
I've been using automation a lot more these days too. It really does make a huge difference.

Love it! Your bass always sounds like asphalt being crushed... which is awesome. :grin
Thanks Fuzzmaster! I was a little worried about hanging my hopes on this bass as it has passive pickups and all my basses are actives with onboard preamps. Thankfully, I was able to charge some Stomp Bucks to your card and Helix up a new preset for it that drives it into the same tone-o-sphere that makes me smile when playing. Really, really love this bass so far.

Thanks Fuzzmaster! I was a little worried about hanging my hopes on this bass as it has passive pickups and all my basses are actives with onboard preamps. Thankfully, I was able to charge some Stomp Bucks to your card and Helix up a new preset for it that drives it into the same tone-o-sphere that makes me smile when playing. Really, really love this bass so far.
That's awesome, and glad my card helped. Your last little purchase of some busted vocal processor gadget caused a bit of trouble. :hmm
But all is forgiven if you can keep cranking out crushing bass tones. :rawk

That's awesome, and glad my card helped. Your last little purchase of some busted vocal processor gadget caused a bit of trouble. :hmm
But all is forgiven if you can keep cranking out crushing bass tones. :rawk
Thankfully the purveyor of Busted Barneys has been really cool to deal with. But, likely won't swipe your card for another one anytime soon. :cop

BFfEZCH.jpeg

@PLX - 14
@Iron1 - 9
@LiveeviL2000 - 5
@Whizzinby - 9
@DrewJD82 - 3
@FuzzyAce - 9
@Alex Kenivel - 7
@Sleezy E - I
@T Gobbs - 15!!!
@Moondog Wily - 5
@TJontheRoad - 5
@aldunk - 5
@megametal7 - I
@JiveTurkey - 2
@mbenigni - 3
@joezlo - 1
@SKU - 3
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1
@The Monorails - 1
@primeholy - 2

**BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY
@Iron1 - 2
@LiveeviL2000 - I
@FuzzyAce - I
@PLX - 3
@aldunk - 1
@megametal7 - 1
@LeftyLoungeLizard - 1

Ruleses
Straight on point.

Can you allow my first submission be something a couple months old? I'll have something fresher for week eight

A sort of cover, an update of the old Barry Mcguire protest tune from the 60's... I was trying to ape U2 a little bit

Hamer DC, MT Drums, Reaper etc.

Back