2024 Do Something Challenge- Season One- Week Three

I have to RMA my guitar this week, so this is more than likely my last entry for the season. Really fun group this time around. Honored to be a part of it. Hopefully next time I can take a bit more time on these .

Fantastic output T!

Not sure what RMA means in this context (to me it's Return Merchandise Authorization) but whatever it is, I hate it.

75033b1817d18f3918c6ae532deb45be.jpg

Almost forgot to do something this week
Here is how I recorded it.
Rhythm Guitar: Jackson Pro Series KVT King V Pro (Drop D)
Slide Guitar: Gibson Adam Jones Signature Series Les Paul (Open D)
Drums: EZ Drummer3
No bass this time, the LP had a good bit of bottom end.

I tried to include Rock, Country, Rap, and Slide guitar. Never played slide in my life, figured, what the hell let me try.

And Lyrics
(Verse 1)
Saddle up, partner, we're ridin' high,
No dusty trails, No western sky.
Got my cowboy kicks, no Jingling spurs
The city is my prairie, dont live in the burbs
Concrete dreams, where neon gleams,
Skyline horizons, no desert schemes
I’m a city slicker, not a dumb ass cowpoke
Spitin out these lyrics and I aint no joke!

(Verse 2)
On the Hudson River, not the Rio Grand
I’m a east coast f**ker, from the promised land
Dont ride no bulls, dont wrangle no steeds
Its the concrete jungle fool, there aint no need
No tumbleweed whispers, just sirens wail,
In this metropolis, ambitions sail.
Kinda like Clint and the Man with no Name
More like Dirty Harry, That’s my game.

(Verse 3)
From the subway echoes to the city beats,
I hustle and flow on these urban streets.
Concrete canyons, skyscrapers so high,
No dusty trails, just a city sky.
Dodging city cabs, not a wild stampede,
In this asphalt wilderness, my dreams succeed.
Heart of the city, where tales are told.
Graffiti walls, paint my story bold

(Verse 4)
No street showdowns, no barroom brawl,
this urban rodeo, where I walk tall.
My lasso swings from the subway lines,
Catchin' my dreams in these city confines.
A different kind of sunset, in city glow,
From Broadway stages to alley flow.
So saddle up, partner, in the city strife,
I’m a city slicker cowboy, I live a wild life.

Here's an old Scorpions tune from the 70's that I did 10 years ago and spruced up.

Good stuff - and welcome to the challenge. Since this was done 10 years ago, it won't count towards the challenge. But, Do Something New this week and that will. :rawk
Small recording using my looper:

Nice - how do you like the looper? What brand/model is it? There used to be a killer Looper guy around here about 10-12 years ago, not sure what happened to him, but he was so far down the Looper rabbit hole it was mind-blowing.

Now that is fucking cool.
Thank you.:love Funny, the harmonica parts just kind of came out of nowhere lol. First time I played them in 10 yrs and literally those were all first takes. My breathing was all out of wack! :roflBut I like the way it turned out overall.

And welcome to the forum! Great playing as well with your entries. FYI, that last one you did can move over to Week 4 thread. Every new week starts on a Sunday morning.

Here's a new studio track called "Through The Wood". A modern take on synth pop with some heavy guitars.

Gear used in production;
Relish Mary One LTD, PRS CE-24, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Taylor T5z, Fractal Audio FM9, Boss GM-800, Boss SY-1000, Chase Bliss Mood MKII, Meris LVX, Korg MiniKorg 700FS, ExpressiveE Osmose, Waldorf Quantum MKII, Roland JP-8080, Studio Electronics SE-3X, Arturia PolyBrute, UDO Super 6, Arturia EFX Motions, Arturia LX-24, Valhalla Supermassive, Valhalla Delay, Valhalla FreqEcho, Valhalla Shimmer, Minimal Audio Cluster Delay, Logic Pro X Drummer.

I dig it! The video playback was really jerky when I was watching it, was that intended or was their likely a problem with my stream/internet connection? The song flows so smooth, I would find it odd if you had intended it to have that stutter in the video. Good stuff though, enjoyed listening to that one ;~))

*****BANDMATE CHALLENGE ENTRY

@megametal7 - pretty guitars
@Iron1 - ugliness, weird things, pain and bass
Morpheus - words of wisdom

Great job guys! You cover a lot of territory! I was floating in clouds at one point, then being kicked in the head from each side with the double kick drums, then wandering through a graveyard!!! I don't quite recall where I ended up, but thanks for the trip ;~))

This is week I honestly wanted to pass. Nothing inspiring happening, but for the sake participation...

This one pissed me off because I didn't realize that the Axe didn't save block libraries so my block settings got lost and I didn't realize it until halfway through tracking. Tempo settings got jacked too. I only stuck with this because I had fun playing the bass on the middle section. I can't play bass, but I tried. lol I added the distorted parts at the end while on a call at work an hour ago lol, totally jacked but I'm not bothering to bounce again.

Here is the other riff I was doing until I realized it's basically "A 40yo buys a 7 string" and bailed. Im much more comfortable in slow depressing music. :ROFLMAO:

Nice chillin'/rockin' duo! Good combo ;~))

I dig it! The video playback was really jerky when I was watching it, was that intended or was their likely a problem with my stream/internet connection? The song flows so smooth, I would find it odd if you had intended it to have that stutter in the video. Good stuff though, enjoyed listening to that one ;~))
Thanks. Glitch was intended.

Back