2024 Do Something Challenge - Season One - Week One

Always love that hard hitting, but laid back cool vibe ya bring T. Keep 'em coming!

So U All Plugged Yer Goat 1.7 billion times is a hit for sure! Reminds me of something from the late 70s/early 80s that my brain wants to say was the Ozark Mountain Daredevils, but I don't think that's it. Either way, keep pluggin' Wily!
You had to bring up the beastiality, didn't you! What I do with my goat is my F'in bizness!! Aside from that, thanks for the kind words!!!

I haven't been playing a whole lot of guitar as I'm buried in synth land. This little track is from a recent video I posted about the Emeo Digital Saxophone. The lead track is the Emeo. Some guitar is in the backing track.

I'll check out the other tracks posted.

ok guys last Parody.
First: Behind the music. I initially recorded this to be a cover not a parody. I used basically the same gear as my first submission. I recorded this in a lower key than the original. Everything but drums are played by myself. Drums I lifted off the internet.
The first two recordings feature people from another forum who wanted to sing on the track. I think they did an outstanding job.
The Parody, "Commuter Song" was done because of the insistence of @Iron1 .
So here are both renditions of Immigrant Song

And the Parody

Lyrics
Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!

Driving with rage through the ice and snow
With a slow ass truck salting to and fro
We all curse the gods
We drive our car to new lanes
We slip and slide, kiss our ass goodbye
Oh my god, I think we’re gonna die

Oh we’re swervin’, brakes are out
All you hear is Dougie scream and shout!

Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!

Are we in our lane we dont know
We dream of spring so green
When winter is no more
But here we are so terrified
We all just poop a big load

So now the car wont stop its slidin’ into ruin
For god sake there is no brake, to the ditch we are moving

Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww

ok guys last Parody.
First: Behind the music. I initially recorded this to be a cover not a parody. I used basically the same gear as my first submission. I recorded this in a lower key than the original. Everything but drums are played by myself. Drums I lifted off the internet.
The first two recordings feature people from another forum who wanted to sing on the track. I think they did an outstanding job.
The Parody, "Commuter Song" was done because of the insistence of @Iron1 .
So here are both renditions of Immigrant Song

And the Parody

Lyrics
Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!

With a slow ass truck salting to and fro
We all curse the gods
We drive our car to new lanes
We slip and slide, kiss our ass goodbye
Oh my god, I think we’re gonna die

Ah-ah, ah!
Ah-ah, ah!

Are we in our lane we dont know
We dream of spring so green
When winter is no more
But here we are so terrified
We all just poop a big load

So now the car wont stop its slidin’ into ruin
For god sake there is no brake, to the ditch we are moving

Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww
Eww-Eww, Eww

I love doin' parodies! Even as a young child, I would make up my own bits to songs I heard!! Great job on this one!!!

Im Proud Of You Weird Al GIF by The Roku Channel

First of all, way to go TGFers! I was blown away by the sheer number and quality of recordings uploaded so felt compelled to record something for the first time in a while for me.

This was written/recorded in about 10 minutes while playing around with the new IronHeart plugin so all the tones are from that and you can all bask in the glory of my questionable improvised solo skills!
The title is a "subtle" nod to @Whizzinby 's amazing clean tones which we all aspire to but never quite reach.

First of all, way to go TGFers! I was blown away by the sheer number and quality of recordings uploaded so felt compelled to record something for the first time in a while for me.

This was written/recorded in about 10 minutes while playing around with the new IronHeart plugin so all the tones are from that and you can all bask in the glory of my questionable improvised solo skills!
The title is a "subtle" nod to @Whizzinby 's amazing clean tones which we all aspire to but never quite reach.

Fantastic first foot forward! Welcome to the show!

So how does this work? We have until midnight on Saturday for week 1? Something like that? I'm on a "hate everything I record" streak. I've probably deleted more music this week than I've recorded in my entire life prior. :D

So how does this work? We have until midnight on Saturday for week 1? Something like that? I'm on a "hate everything I record" streak. I've probably deleted more music this week than I've recorded in my entire life prior. :D
Yes, midnight Saturday! If you share with us, we can hate it too!!

I am sure it will be fine! This is not a place for final products/releases and such, this is just what we are doing, with doing be the reason for this thread. Just DO IT!!!

Looking forward to your submits!!!

Yes, midnight Saturday! If you share with us, we can hate it too!!
I have no doubt LOL. This latest project is truly a pile of crap. All 40 seconds of it. Does that whet your appetite? :rofl

I am sure it will be fine! This is not a place for final products/releases and such, this is just what we are doing, with doing be the reason for this thread. Just DO IT!!!

Looking forward to your submits!!!
I appreciate the spirit of the endeavor. Too bad the rest of TGF has to go and ruin it by being SO DAMNED TALENTED! :hmm

Back