Y'seen the Pedaltrain XD-24??

Did a quick internal recap on the ones I owned. Not mine but the models are correct:
View attachment 16748
I had a 70s Devills but can't find the picture of it. I think it was this one?
post-70980-143138860504_thumb.jpg
Ahhhhh. Bond villain I see. Where's Nik Nak, and when does he get written into the will?

Did a quick internal recap on the ones I owned. Not mine but the models are correct:
View attachment 16748
I had a 70s Devills but can't find the picture of it. I think it was this one?
post-70980-143138860504_thumb.jpg
Man that 80’s turtle caddy brings back memories. I when I was in my 20’s I thought about getting one as a lark and then remembered being a little kid and my dad’s electrical system fritzing out where all the lights in the car would blink on and off when he used the turn signal.

That was me.... back when I was absolutely insane! My plush 4 door Gig Cruiser. :chef

I never used that board. Bought it off of GC's Used site. It was MASSIVE! As soon
as it arrived I had a lightbulb moment. One that shined a light on my maxed out
stupidity. :LOL:

That was the day I loaded it in the car----barely fit in the entire backseat and would
not fit in the fucking trunk. Drove 150 miles to the nearest GC and returned it. :beer
I once had to pass on a 2x12 combo because I couldn't find any way to wedge it into the passenger seat of a Toyota MR-2. That car probably saved me a lot of money over the years. :rofl

Just curious, with an amp and that many external pedals, how much sonic things are you really using in Helix? Is it primarily acting as a rig controller or are you using a bunch of sounds from it too? No judgement, I have a long history of growing rigs to be huge and then shrinking them down just to grow them back out again…

D
Ohhh sorry dude, I totally missed this the first time around.

If you take out amp channel changes, these are the various combinations I use:
1708350635320.png

What power are you running? I have like 7-8 pedalboards because I can never commit but always shoot myself in the foot with having just one power supply :hmm:mad:

What? Across 20-30 songs? Give over.:stirthepot
But if you want flexibility without having to go through all that effort of carrying a 100kg pedalboard you could just use the Eventide H9000. It only takes one rack space ...
And if you combine it with an Axe Fx 3 MK2 Turbo .... that's the endgame, really.

What power are you running? I have like 7-8 pedalboards because I can never commit but always shoot myself in the foot with having just one power supply :hmm:mad:
Strymon Zuma and the GigRig Generator right now. I've also got an Ojai kicking around somewhere, but the 24V Input is slightly wobbly, so I could do with replacing that input socket and then it'll be good as new.

But if you want flexibility without having to go through all that effort of carrying a 100kg pedalboard you could just use the Eventide H9000. It only takes one rack space ...
And if you combine it with an Axe Fx 3 MK2 Turbo .... that's the endgame, really.
Flexibility and weight aren't my ultimate goal.

See previous threads where we've discussed "gear in the moment" as to why I'm not pinning all of my dreams onto the Axe FX III - although I do love it, and it is definitely an option. Just not ready to fully commit to it. I need to have a pedalboard option as well. Between this setup I'm putting together, Helix, and Axe III + FC12, I'm pretty spoilt for choice now!

Also if you want to talk algorithm quality, I think the Meris effects are better than the Fractal ones.

Strymon Zuma and the GigRig Generator right now. I've also got an Ojai kicking around somewhere, but the 24V Input is slightly wobbly, so I could do with replacing that input socket and then it'll be good as new.

Flexibility and weight aren't my ultimate goal.

See previous threads where we've discussed "gear in the moment" as to why I'm not pinning all of my dreams onto the Axe FX III - although I do love it, and it is definitely an option. Just not ready to fully commit to it. I need to have a pedalboard option as well. Between this setup I'm putting together, Helix, and Axe III + FC12, I'm pretty spoilt for choice now!

Also if you want to talk algorithm quality, I think the Meris effects are better than the Fractal ones.
Was joking ... the H9000 is like $8000 :grin :grin
I heard the Meris new reverb pedal. It's fantastic!! Do you own both of them?

Was joking ... the H9000 is like $8000 :grin :grin
I heard the Meris new reverb pedal. It's fantastic!! Do you own both of them?
...and if we're talking inspirational interfaces; it probably isn't going to be one :bag

Back