Y'seen the Pedaltrain XD-24??

Orvillain

Rock Star
Edgelord
So Pedaltrain now do the XD-18 and XD-24. Boards that are deeper, so you can do this:
1704367252234.png

Which is cool, but I wish Templeaudio or Warwick Rockboard did a similar size. Because their boards are a bit easier to deal with in terms of additional patchbays and things like that. I know... first world problems!!!

Anyway, I think this could be pretty dope for a live performance board!

This is directly related to my thread about constantly blowing up my pedalboard. I busted out my classic 24 for the bazillionth time. Again.

Extra depth is great but never been a fan of the pedaltrain slant. Little too steep for me?

This is the turd I am working with rn. Note the 8inch extension on the left from all the d@mn IEC/power garbage :cuss This is a classic 24.

Board_V_Infinity.jpg

I was thinking a right angled IEC cable.
For me; 2 LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG IEC cables that I can run from the board back to my power strip back by my amp would be the easiest way to go I am thinking. The CS6 can power my pedals and GM800 with a current doubler. Might just go that route. For now. Until 5 minutes after the gig when I decide to "go a different route" :oops: :rofl

For me; 2 LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG IEC cables that I can run from the board back to my power strip back by my amp would be the easiest way to go I am thinking. The CS6 can power my pedals and GM800 with a current doubler. Might just go that route. For now. Until 5 minutes after the gig when I decide to "go a different route" :oops: :rofl
I haven't played a guitar based gig since the summer of 2022. I am a hack fraud.

This is the turd I am working with rn. Note the 8inch extension on the left from all the d@mn IEC/power garbage :cuss This is a classic 24.

View attachment 16727
I'm going to need you to go ahead and move that Octave pedal to the back (activate by toggling an FX loop) and move the GM to the front. And now that I'm looking at it, maybe buy a different board altogether.

1s7y17.jpg

@Orvillain read my mind re: right angle IEC cables. Under the board if possible.

I hadn’t seen that one. I like it, but I need an expression pedal and it doesn’t look like there’s room. The thing I hate about my current setup is how long it is, something deeper would make more sense except then I can’t fit it all in the Helix backpack.

I’m probably going to try an FM9 setup, but that’s going to be long too once I add two expression pedals. Maybe I can find a way to get it down to one expression pedal…

D

I hadn’t seen that one. I like it, but I need an expression pedal and it doesn’t look like there’s room. The thing I hate about my current setup is how long it is, something deeper would make more sense except then I can’t fit it all in the Helix backpack.

I’m probably going to try an FM9 setup, but that’s going to be long too once I add two expression pedals. Maybe I can find a way to get it down to one expression pedal…

D
I kinda wish they did an XD-32 for that very reason.

1704384594417.png

Something like that would be the dog's danglies.

850mm x 445mm, so quite big yes. But that is along the lines of the space I would normally use in terms of the length anyway; the main difference versus how I normally get setup is the depth.

Having all of this on one board that I can just plonk down and plug into my amp. That would be dreamy.

So I think custom board would be the way. If it were flat, I could have the entire back row on a riser, with the power supply (Strymon Zuma) underneath the riser, and a small patch back for the main board I/O.

I'd run the Helix in single-path "global spillover" mode, to get instant (or near instant) preset changes, complete with spillover... whilst changing the presets on the Meris units at the same time. Would be sicccckkk.

View attachment 16734

Something like that would be the dog's danglies.

850mm x 445mm, so quite big yes. But that is along the lines of the space I would normally use in terms of the length anyway; the main difference versus how I normally get setup is the depth.

Having all of this on one board that I can just plonk down and plug into my amp. That would be dreamy.

So I think custom board would be the way. If it were flat, I could have the entire back row on a riser, with the power supply (Strymon Zuma) underneath the riser, and a small patch back for the main board I/O.

I'd run the Helix in single-path "global spillover" mode, to get instant (or near instant) preset changes, complete with spillover... whilst changing the presets on the Meris units at the same time. Would be sicccckkk.
...until you went to move it somewhere :oops:

Season 9 Chandler GIF by Friends

I'm going to need you to go ahead and move that Octave pedal to the back (activate by toggling an FX loop) and move the GM to the front. And now that I'm looking at it, maybe buy a different board altogether.

1s7y17.jpg

@Orvillain read my mind re: right angle IEC cables. Under the board if possible.
Not enough loops in the FM3. Also; octave goes in front of the amp with the tuner and whatever dirt pedal I throw on the board at a given moment.

Meanwhile I'm thinking Temple Audio should release a Duo 21. My Trio 21 is one row deeper than I really need but the Duo 24 is wider than I'd like. I swear I will probably end up making my own board with blackjack and hookers at some point.

Back