Your high-gain presets suck

Piing

Roadie
That nasty buzz on the high frequencies is unbearable. You may have hearing loss on the high frequencies, or cerumen covering the ear canal, or shitty monitoring, or the taste on the rectum.
Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

season 13 GIF

That can of bees sound has driven me nuts for decades, and also kept the guitar industry alive for that same period of time.
Good that you can perceive it. That is sign of a healthy hearing :geek: . What is alarming is the thousands of canned wasps presets, free and paid, that buzz around there :D
scared news anchor GIF by Mashable
make it stop fox tv GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Another explanation, besides the ones at the OP, can be that they are tweaked with the tone knob of the guitar accidentally turned down 😄

Last edited:
Actually, this is even a risk with real amps. What happens is, a lot of people walk up to their amp and dial in the knobs using their eyes... and maybe their ears a bit. But because they're stood off axis to the speaker, they dial in too much presence and mids and treble, and don't double check by stepping a few feet away from the amp.

If you check your tone in multiple positions, then it should be easier to find a good balance.

With modellers, it is even easier to make sure you've got a nice balanced tone, so I don't know why more people don't do it.

Personally I hate really muddy 'edge of the speaker' type tones. I see no reason for them to exist EVERRRRRRR.

That nasty buzz on the high frequencies is unbearable. You may have hearing loss on the high frequencies, or cerumen covering the ear canal, or shitty monitoring, or the taste on the rectum.
Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

season 13 GIF

It gets buried by the obnoxious crashing of the cymbals!! :rofl

Good that you can perceive it. That is sign of a healthy hearing :geek: . What is alarming is the thousands of canned wasps presets, free and paid, that buzz around there :D
scared news anchor GIF by Mashable
make it stop fox tv GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Another explanation, besides the ones at the OP, can be that they are tweaked with the tone knob of the guitar accidentally turned down 😄

99% of users may indeed be using far too much gain. They don't want to know this. :hugitout

You know what? I love the very thing you loathe so much. Give me a nicely scooped high-gain sound with a bit of fizz on top. Maybe a G12-T75 IR to go with it? Yes, please!

:rawk

Last edited:
Back