You can eat my pudding...

7+ would be fine. I was running MIDI Guitar with a 6 (with a cracked screen LOL) for quite a while.

The GP-10 wouldn't be involved at all. You'd just plug the cable into the Helix LT's USB jack, and the other end into the phone, and Bob's your uncle. Jam Origin now supports AUv3 plugins (I'm really into the aforementioned SoundFont Pro at the moment), so you just save presets with your plugins loaded in place, and use PC messages from the Helix to select them. (I recommend having a first preset that's completely silent.)
Hmm that is pretty interesting

You’re not alone…

I was running a board about that size with my helix live too for a while. It had the following:

Ventris
Teese wah
Mxr poly octave (or a pog2)
Fuzz pedal (didn’t even need it - just because I had the space…)
2 exp pedals

Then I went back 100% in the box and stayed there for a few months. Last week, I added the Ventris back and immediately started scheming another big side board…

Trying to talk myself out of it still…

D

Hmm that is pretty interesting
I still say it's criminally overlooked, and I can't imagine why. Tracks better than most of the hex pickup-based solutions I've owned. Excellent variety of sounds (some of which will require a little hunting through the app store.) There are obvious limitations, of course - no string splits, etc. But also no extra cables, etc. And have I mentioned how cheap it is? I mean, why not give it a punt and see if it's useful?

<insert JT's favorite Jehovah's Witness meme here>

7+ would be fine. I was running MIDI Guitar with a 6 (with a cracked screen LOL) for quite a while.

The GP-10 wouldn't be involved at all. You'd just plug the cable into the Helix LT's USB jack, and the other end into the phone, and Bob's your uncle. Jam Origin now supports AUv3 plugins (I'm really into the aforementioned SoundFont Pro at the moment), so you just save presets with your plugins loaded in place, and use PC messages from the Helix to select them. (I recommend having a first preset that's completely silent.)

I also have a iPad thats about 2 years old so maybe I'd consider that too.

I do also has an iRig pro. I think that may work? I have to find it.

I also have a iPad thats about 2 years old so maybe I'd consider that too.
Even better. At least to start with, while you familiarize yourself with the UI. The iPhone works just as well, but the controls are a little wee when you're getting things configured. Once you know exactly how you intend to use things, then you can repeat the set up on the phone and velcro that somewhere convenient.

I do also has an iRig pro. I think that may work? I have to find it.
You don't need it unless you're looking to free up the Helix USB port for something else. The USB cable approach is nice because it gets you audio in and out plus MIDI control in one shot. That said, it can be more intuitive to set up your Helix presets if the iPad is connected via iRig, since you can use simple FX loop blocks to send audio to and from your iPad. (This approach also allows you to apply Helix effects to your iPad synths.)

that sounded dirty.gif

Back