Wholesome video of a Nirvana gear historian

DrewJD82

Staff member
This video popped up in my feed last night and while I'm not a huge Cobain fan, I couldn't help but to be absolutely stoked for this dude. I know exactly how I felt the day I got to see Gilmour's guitars and just the feeling I still have knowing I touched the CAR Strat, nevermind getting to sit down and play it while shooting the shit with Phil Taylor and getting that kind of props from him. This is a total 'follow what you love and you'll find success in it' situation.

It never even dawned on me there'd be a group of specific Cobain guitar fans, I've seen some Corgan Strat guys, the obvious Frankie's, Gilmour Strats, SRV's, etc, but I never really think about the non-guitar hero guitars in that sense. Pretty damn cool!

I loved Nirvana in different phases of my life but I once met a couple of dudes who were REALLY into them down to the shit living conditions and the yarled singing, one of them owning an orange JagStang. One of the dudes showed me a home video of him and his friend covering a Nirvana song and I called them a couple of "Nirvana Babies"

Of course they took it as a dig and when I met the other guy he got all up in my face about it. After I explained that I'm a Green Day Baby and we are all born from something, we all became fast friends.

Def will check out the vid when I can and share it with those dudes.

We jammed 3 or 4 Nirvana tunes at practice this past week. We all ended up reflecting on
how Pawn Shop Level Cobain's gear was, too. Same with Black Keys and The White Stripes.
There is a lesson in there somewhere. :idk

I also learned once again that Dave Grohl kicks my ass hard when I have to try and replicate his
playing. That level of energy on the drums is hard to pull off. :brick

One of the iconic Power Trios ever! Look forward to watching it. :beer

Back