What's Your Next Guitar?

Byrdman

Roadie
For some reason, I've started looking at SG's again. Wanting a dual HB, a wide neck, lighter and more comfortable to play unlike my LP I use to have. I have seen some used Gibson's around in the $1000-$1300 range in my area. I guess I want a LP sound without being an LP. My LP sounded great, but it was so uncomfortable to me to play and I never really got into it. Maybe I'll look at getting a lessor model, Epi 400, to see how I like it before spending the bigger bucks.

My buddy has a SG I love to play, comfortable but at times it seems too light. Anything else I should check out?

This one Come Bonus In March 2024
Solar A2.6+
Will be using it as Drop C and A tuning only

1690559043461.png

For some reason, I've started looking at SG's again. Wanting a dual HB, a wide neck, lighter and more comfortable to play unlike my LP I use to have. I have seen some used Gibson's around in the $1000-$1300 range in my area. I guess I want a LP sound without being an LP. My LP sounded great, but it was so uncomfortable to me to play and I never really got into it. Maybe I'll look at getting a lessor model, Epi 400, to see how I like it before spending the bigger bucks.

My buddy has a SG I love to play, comfortable but at times it seems too light. Anything else I should check out?
I was just thinking of an SG last night. I have very little experience playing one but I can see where they may be hit or miss based on weight and possible neck dive. A style of guitar you really need to test drive before pulling the trigger on.

The next one I get will be the one that pops up unexpectedly that I don’t need but I’ll end up getting anyway. It’ll most likely be a 24 fret H-H superstrat with a figured maple top.

I really want it to be an old school super Strat. But I’m starting to think I need another Gibson instead.

My main LP is starting to show a lot of fret wear and I think I need a second one to take some of the wear and tear off the first

I wanna get into the multiscale game...

...and still need to check the prs box one of these days

I was just thinking of an SG last night. I have very little experience playing one but I can see where they may be hit or miss based on weight and possible neck dive. A style of guitar you really need to test drive before pulling the trigger on.
Yeah, I agree! Not sure what is worse, neck dive on a SG or neck rise on an LP. That's why I may try to pick up a used Epi that I can make changes to it, wiring, pickups etc. I may also think I'll check out a Yamaha Revstar too.

BTW, this is probably a later down the road acquisition, at least that is what I keep telling myself...

It literally depends on the day/which way the wind is blowing, because I don't need ANY of these, but it's fun to play, so:

Balaguer Espada
ESP LTD EC-1000T in Black Cherry (this is the most likely)
Harley Benton SC550 II BCF (Black Cherry color, noticing a theme here?)
EVH Wolfgang Special, either in that Ice Blue or Purple

SGs are great. Sounds like you know what you want, and why you want it. I say don't settle. :beer

Yeah, I agree! Not sure what is worse, neck dive on a SG or neck rise on an LP. That's why I may try to pick up a used Epi that I can make changes to it, wiring, pickups etc. I may also think I'll check out a Yamaha Revstar too.

BTW, this is probably a later down the road acquisition, at least that is what I keep telling myself...

Multiple SGs here over the years and never had neck dive. :idk It's all about the strap.
If the strap is wide enough and has enough bite neck dive is a non-issue, in my experience

Last edited:
Back