What Modeler

Axe

Roadie
Have you not tried that you want to.

For me.

1) The Fender Tone Master Pro.. I was going to but I diverted and went down the E drum kit rabbit hole and it's my new money sink.

2) The Kemper Rack... Tried one briefly a few yrs ago and the user interface, both front plate and editor turned me off.. I should give it an honest try..

Other than those two, I have owned virtually every modeler known to man. Yes, I have a problem:oops:

You?

Have you not tried that you want to.

For me.

1) The Fender Tone Master Pro.. I was going to but I diverted and went down the E drum kit rabbit hole and it's my new money sink.

2) The Kemper Rack... Tried one briefly a few yrs ago and the user interface, both front plate and editor turned me off.. I should give it an honest try..

Other than those two, I have owned virtually every modeler known to man. Yes, I have a problem:oops:

You?
So which e drum kit is best to get? Would like to add one to my gf,s space for a gift to her

I havent used anything amp modeling wise by Line 6. :oops: I’ve never felt remotely compelled to buy one of their modelers. I have owned an HX FX and DL4, but I really need to give Helix Native a spin eventually.
Do it!

With the appropriate input levelling Native sounds mind-blowingly similar to the Floor.

EDIT: Never played a Kemper, and would love to try one, but it's not an urgent wish, and I'm afraid I'd fall for the amp tones quickly, so I'd rather steer clear... 😂

I have only been able to try the Boss GT-1000 briefly. I was tempted to buy a GT-1000 Core for cheap in Japan earlier this year...now I'm going again so if I find one cheap enough I might bite. But it really has to be cheap enough because if I don't like it I want to sell it for at least what I paid for.

I'd also like to try the Ampero II Stomp, but again can't be bothered to buy one just to try it because I feel it's not going to be as good as the ones I've owned.

Last edited:
As a Helix Floor user I still envy the Roland/Boss synth FX and miss my old Kemper’s custom scales.

You need an HX Stomp in your life... ;)

:beer

taylor swift GIF

Do it!

With the appropriate input levelling Native sounds mind-blowingly similar to the Floor.

Yeah, I need to find a sale for it that doesn’t require owning a piece of the hardware.

I don't know. I'm really happy with the Fractal ecosystem of devices and I'd rather spend my time playing music or learning how to do new things with what I have than spend time trying another modeler. If someone gave me a unit for free or just to borrow I'd check it out, but I'm not going to put down cash to try other options at this point.

I've have the Stomp XL for about a year now, and it does a lot for me but I would love to have a Fractal one day.

Last edited:
"What modeler have you not tried that you want to?"

None.

I think I've finally sated the last of my curiosity by spending some time in Fractal-land. Chased my tail for a while and finally wound up at "FM3 is better in some ways. QC is better in other ways. QC is better in more ways that actually matter to me on a day to day basis." TMP was on my radar for a few minutes, but it seems like a product that takes a couple of steps forward and a couple of steps back. (Exactly what some would say about QC, in fairness.)

At this point, taking on a new modeler just sounds like more work than anything. Unless/ until some next-gen product brings something really compelling to the table (more likely some unforeseen QoL improvement than tonal advancements), I'm good.

Last edited:
I’d still like to try the Helix stuff out, but with an AxeFX and FM9 I’m not expecting/wanting anything more than what I already have.

I have an FM9. I have Helix Native. I tried a friend's QC. I bought, tried, liked, returned a TMP.

So I guess none. I'm not really interested in anything else. Wait...yes I am.

Fractal Gen 4. :)

I've been tempted lately to buy a QC (mostly because of the form factor) but I feel like as soon as I do that Fractal will drop Gen 4.

So which e drum kit is best to get? Would like to add one to my gf,s space for a gift to her

I started with an Alesis Nitro max to dip my toe in as a non drummer. Once I started to get the hang of it I gave the Nitro Max to my youngest grandson and picked up an Alesis Strike Pro SE. It's all I'll ever need. I run it through EZD3 and Superior 3.. I don't use any of the module kits..

Attachments

• IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    661 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1238.JPG
    IMG_1238.JPG
    560.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1263.JPG
    IMG_1263.JPG
    710.4 KB · Views: 5

Does she play acoustic drums? I have a midrange Yamaha kit with the foam pads and it’s a good feel, not quite like the real thing but better than cheap rubber pads.

Money no object the high end Roland kits are great. Midrange Roland are good too. Just depends on budget and how realistic you need.

I haven’t kept up to date on drums but the limiting factor has always been the module and samples. Usually cheap drums if you record the midi triggers will sound much better with a decent plugin.

Only one I haven’t tried I think is the Fender TMP. Honestly I need to get rid of modelers not add more.

I like the Axe 3, QC, and HX Stomp. I could see either going with an FM9, QC, or next gen Helix exclusively.

Back