What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

I debated leaving the guard on the Edwards but I just love seeing that carve so much more than a hunk of boring plastic. I usually put both LP’s at an angle on my couch so I can look across the tops of them just to see that carve. Kinda like how when I put my Strat on the couch I always angle it so I can see the light reflecting off the glassy nitro neck because I’m a f*cking dork.

Haha!! Leaving a guitar (or 3) on the couch is totally normal. It ain't that strange. :LOL:

Haha!! Leaving a guitar (or 3) on the couch is totally normal. It ain't that strange. :LOL:

That’s why I bought it a big couch! Hahahaha, I was more talkin’ about being a dork because I angle them in certain ways so when I look at em I get all doe eyed.

That 70S Show Dreaming GIF by Laff

I debated leaving the guard on the Edwards but I just love seeing that carve so much more than a hunk of boring plastic. I usually put both LP’s at an angle on my couch so I can look across the tops of them just to see that carve. Kinda like how when I put my Strat on the couch I always angle it so I can see the light reflecting off the glassy nitro neck because I’m a f*cking dork.

I love the looks of the carves too. I will sit them either on the couch or leaning against the couch just to look at the curves of each guitar. Especially in the late afternoon when the sun shines through the window and casts that glorious afternoon ray across the guitars.
I rest my hand on it,take it away and the strings are too high off the body for my picking.
I'm similar. I rest my pinky on the les paul pickguard as well. I have another carved top guitar without the guard there, but it doesn't seem to affect my playing. Now I'm curious to see how much difference there is in space between the body and strings between the two. :unsure:

Spray some De-Ox-It into the top side of that 3 way switch.

Probably that way because someone was staying on the Neck pickup too much. :LOL:

That s**t is great and can solve 99% of Pot/Jack/Switch issues.
Dude, haven't you seen the post at TheGheyPlace that says you can't buy De-Ox-It anymore? Sheesh!

I rest my hand on it,take it away and the strings are too high off the body for my picking.
I removed it on my cherry sunburst Agile 'cause the veneer is pretty and my PRS 594 obviously didn't come with one BUT - since I've gotten my Edwards I'm finding that offset anchor point is helping my picking accuracy on the unwound strings. So much so that going back to my Floyds and Edge is forking difficult. Another guitar quandary for me, do they ever end?! I don't think so. . . . . . .

I bought this guitar brand new in 1994 and it's seen an awful lot of other guitars (and another owner) come and go over the last 29 years. Haven't played it much over the last year, but when I got the Badlander, I plugged it in just to see how the two got along. And... WOW... it's never sounded so good. Now it's a go-to for my band 2x4 and I used it on my last few TGF challenge submissions, including my collaboration with @TheTrueZoltan!

V3wgVKo.jpg

I actually had to sell it back in 2016(?) to pay the mortgage during a tough season, and was able to buy it back from the random guy I sold it to a little over a year ago. Once I got it back, I installed new Hipshot tuners, a Gotoh 1996t, a set of Duncan Distortions and had a buddy who builds custom guitars do an amazing set up on it. Plays like a million bucks now. And, man, I m super thankful I was able to get it back... like having an old friend come back into my life.

Back