What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Beautiful! Is that a historic?

I love some nice mineral streaking on an LP top :love

Thanks. No, it's just a Traditional. Nothing crazy or fancy. It plays well and sounds great to me. It scratches my Les Paul itch for sure.

I tell ya, I've had a ton of compliments on that top. I love it too. The pic doesn't really do it justice to be honest.

Again, thanks for approval of the top. Cheers.

Wow!! LOVE those colors! Did you order those?

Nah. Just lucky, I guess.

I bought the Mesa 4 x 10 used about 15 years ago. It is a Lonestar cab meant to
pair with the Lonestar heads, and sounds great for a lot of the Americana, Blues,
Country, and Singer Songwriter stuff I ended up doing in the mid 2010s. Not a
chug cab at all. Sounds amazing with the Mark V Channel 1 Fat/Clean or Tweed mode. :chef

The Head was second hand, too. It's a 2013 build. I have an old, beat up Vertical Mesa
2 x 12 I can pair with it for the heavy stuff. But that thing is hideous! :LOL:

Thanks. No, it's just a Traditional. Nothing crazy or fancy. It plays well and sounds great to me. It scratches my Les Paul itch for sure.

I tell ya, I've had a ton of compliments on that top. I love it too. The pic doesn't really do it justice to be honest.

Again, thanks for approval of the top. Cheers.

That may be the loveliest looking Traditional I have ever seen. I have a 2013 Honeyburst and it don't
look like that. :LOL:

That may be the loveliest looking Traditional I have ever seen. I have a 2013 Honeyburst and it don't
look like that. :LOL:
Wow. Thanks. I really appreciate that!!! The top definitely caught my eye when I first saw it. All sunburst type tops are great, but I've always been more attracted to the Honeyburst, Ice Tea, Lemonburst tops. Nevermind that it played great too. Granted, this one has the "alternate" fretboard or whatever it is, but I can't tell that it has any effect on the playability nor the sound. I'd love to see yours.

MIK AIO WOLF 750T

36EC4D4C-D647-47AC-96EC-270EC4BBF74B.jpeg

Wow. Thanks. I really appreciate that!!! The top definitely caught my eye when I first saw it. All sunburst type tops are great, but I've always been more attracted to the Honeyburst, Ice Tea, Lemonburst tops. Nevermind that it played great too. Granted, this one has the "alternate" fretboard or whatever it is, but I can't tell that it has any effect on the playability nor the sound. I'd love to see yours.

Do Les Pauls look better with the pickguard off. I think they might. :idk

This is my 2013 Honeyburst. I had a Goldtop, too, that I had to sell in 2020
because of you know what.

20230407_181347.jpg

Do Les Pauls look better with the pickguard off. I think they might. :idk

This is my 2013 Honeyburst. I had a Goldtop, too, that I had to sell in 2020
because of you know what.

View attachment 6316

Ooh!!! Yours looks very sharp.

As far as the pickguard... I'm not picky either way. I just chose to leave mine on because it was on when I got it. If it had been off when I got it I probably would have left it off!!! I'm just kind of silly that way. :idk

I debated leaving the guard on the Edwards but I just love seeing that carve so much more than a hunk of boring plastic. I usually put both LP’s at an angle on my couch so I can look across the tops of them just to see that carve. Kinda like how when I put my Strat on the couch I always angle it so I can see the light reflecting off the glassy nitro neck because I’m a f*cking dork.

I debated leaving the guard on the Edwards but I just love seeing that carve so much more than a hunk of boring plastic. I usually put both LP’s at an angle on my couch so I can look across the tops of them just to see that carve. Kinda like how when I put my Strat on the couch I always angle it so I can see the light reflecting off the glassy nitro neck because I’m a f*cking dork.
I rest my hand on it,take it away and the strings are too high off the body for my picking.

Back