What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Last thing I played (about 11 hours ago):

6Qqk5bT.jpg

It's a Japanese edition B.C. Rich Blood Bound Warbeast. Neck thru, super thin & light. I put an Elysian Valkyrie pickup in the bridge. If anyone wants a versatile pickup along the lines of the Duncan Black Winter and Nazgul, the Valkyrie occupies the same space, but blows them both out of the water

A buddy of mine makes custom guitars and he etched the logo of one of my bands into a pair of pickup covers. I put the one on the bridge when I installed the Valkyrie, but left the neck thinking I'd install a different neck pup. But, who am I kidding, this thing wasn't meant to play cleans and I can't play leads, so I'll probably install the neck pup cover next string change.

6Qqk5bT.jpg

It's a Japanese edition B.C. Rich Blood Bound Warbeast. Neck thru, super thin & light. I put an Elysian Valkyrie pickup in the bridge. If anyone wants a versatile pickup along the lines of the Duncan Black Winter and Nazgul, the Valkyrie occupies the same space, but blows them both out of the water

A buddy of mine makes custom guitars and he etched the logo of one of my bands into a pair of pickup covers. I put the one on the bridge when I installed the Valkyrie, but left the neck thinking I'd install a different neck pup. But, who am I kidding, this thing wasn't meant to play cleans and I can't play leads, so I'll probably install the neck pup cover next string change.
I wanted one of those in the worst way when I first saw them!!! Still looks bitchin!!!

First Multiac I ever played was probably 28 yrs ago. Man, I loved that thing but I couldn't afford it at the time. Yeah, I like the wide neck versions, feels more comfortable with the nylon strings.

It is fun! I do love the MDV-3, sounds perfect for my needs. The Supa-Trem2 as well, and it's amazing when run in stereo:chef.

I got lucky and snagged this one for $700. I would’ve preferred the wide neck, but at that price I couldn’t pass it up.

Would you mind posting a snipplet here or there? Just some very basic tone would do for me (I'm aware that you can get all fancy). Need to get a new nylonstring with pickups one day (rather sooner than later), not sure whether the Multiacs are worth all the bucks for me (they got incredibly expensive over here during the last years, especially as I'd really want a Hex-PU equipped one).

Sure, I might not be able to do it until next month though, all the gear is set up at the theater and I don’t really have access to it during a time when I could record. But I’ll see if I can sneak something in.

To me, the thing the Multiac really excels at is that cinematic/theatric thing. Like what you hear on The Princess Bride soundtrack, or that spot in a show when the main character is learning a life lesson. Being a solid body (chambered I think) you can play classical and Spanish styles on it, but I think traditional acoustics do those things better

6Qqk5bT.jpg

That red binding is :chef

To me, the thing the Multiac really excels at is that cinematic/theatric thing. Like what you hear on The Princess Bride soundtrack, or that spot in a show when the main character is learning a life lesson. Being a solid body (chambered I think) you can play classical and Spanish styles on it, but I think traditional acoustics do those things better

Yeah, that's matching my experiences (just needed to refresh them but there's no shops having them close to my place).
I actually don't mind typical classical sizes, I'm also fine with no cutaway models (it's what I'm using right now, namely an ageing Yamaha fullsize with a piezo), but I need more live friendliness (pickup in the Yamaha is rather bad and feedback is an issue, too).
I'd mostly use it for latin/jazzy/bar kinda gigs, and I'd likely get away with one of the much more affordable Yamahas, Corts or Ortegas for that, but I also think that a nylon string makes up for the best guitar-to-MIDI experiences as it lends itself to fingerstyle playing. And with the built in hex pickup, the Multiacs are just perfect for all that kinda stuff.

Spray some De-Ox-It into the top side of that 3 way switch.

That was the first step wisdom shared at the other place as well. I’ll pick some up tomorrow and cross my fingers. This thing is kick ass and don’t want to be away from it if it has to go to a tech!

It's a Fender Pawnshop Offset Special...It has humbucking Jazzmaster pickups and is a great guitar for everything from Jazz to Blues, Classic Rock and Metal.

Edit: I wouldn't have chosen a Fender Machete amp to demo this guitar. The clean tones in the clip are absolutely atrocious. I'm getting really great clean tones out of it including tones that clearly sound like a semi-hollow, the F hole isn't just for show,

I just spent some time playing the Pawnshop Offset Special and yes, the Jazz tones are truly excellent. Actually far better for Jazz than the HH Tele I'd been playing for the last month. And the Tele sounds great. It's fine for Jazz. It just doesn't nail the classic hollowbody tone that we associate with players like Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass, and Kenny Burrell.

I was concerned about getting a really nice Jazz tone from my recently acquired Blackstar St. James 50 watt 6L6 combo and was okay with, but not in love with, the Jazz tone I was getting out of it with the HH Tele. I was thinking "I can practice with this but this isn't going to be inspirational for gigging. Maybe it will sound better with a speaker swap."

The Pawnshop Offset Special is another story. The minute I plugged it in I thought "There it is!!!" The St. James is definitely a keeper with or without a new speaker and I can definitely gig with it. I'm looking forward to hearing it with my main gigging guitar a Memphis Dot Reissue ES-335.

I tend to rotate the guitars I play at home playing one for a week, a month, or sometimes more. I can tell that the Pawnshop Offset Special is going to be on the stand next to my amp for a good while.

Just used these three to do some recording tests/dialing in my new interface. They definitely work very well together to make some really, really heavy tones.

hzz55vq.jpg

Left to Right: 2020 Jackson Pro Series HT7 - 1994 Ibanez EXB445 - 2019 SOlar A2.7FRLN

The Jackson has Fishman Classics in it and man, do I love those. So far, in 30 years of playing they're the only actives I've owned that I loved.
The Ibanez has a set of Bartolini pups in it I got off eBay from a guy who didn't know the model.
And, the Solar has Duncan Solar 7s in it, which, according to Ola are a mix of the Duncan Custom and the Duncan Distortion, IIRC.
The three mix together really well.

Spray some De-Ox-It into the top side of that 3 way switch.

So far so good on this. PRS is maaaaybe back off my shit list :LOL:

Still not trusting enough to take it to tomorrows gig strat gets to come.

Gonna role the vela exclusively for the next couple weeks and if she’s a good girl she gets to come on the 12th lol

Probably that way because someone was staying on the Neck pickup too much. :LOL:

That s**t is great and can solve 99% of Pot/Jack/Switch issues.

Someone at the other place mentioned thst since it came from a humid location and if it wasn’t being used much it could have developed some oxidation

Back