What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Well, I wrote intonation but autocorrect changed it.
Oddly, I read it as intonation.... didn't even notice.
It has a bone compensated bridge, while not perfect, it is close ...and for a 30 year old guitar, not bad.
This is one you can't ham fist though...you must be present at all times ...very touchy if you press too hard ...forces me to have a lighter touch, which is a good thing.

Oddly, I read it as intonation.... didn't even notice.
It has a bone compensated bridge, while not perfect, it is close ...and for a 30 year old guitar, not bad.
This is one you can't ham fist though...you must be present at all times ...very touchy if you press too hard ...forces me to have a lighter touch, which is a good thing.
I do tend to beat on my guitars. I should have grown up with an AE185. Maybe I’d have some finesse.

My OG #1. Lone survivor of the PRS hostile takeover. The neck is just a dream and it sounds so good. Putting the pickups out of phase makes for a really cool brootz sound and on cleans makes it sound almost tele like (sort of)

272795FE-E777-4F07-A468-AD869D3F0C77.jpeg

Haven't shown this one yet. Nothing special, on its face. Totally stock, other than the replacement bridge piece, due to excessive corrosion.

Purchased in Italy, for 300 US ..threw in a gigbag, because I still had to walk around with it on my back ...all day. I was in the service, and it spoke to me. Actually was in a couple heavy bands where I played this ...out. it rips....and embarrasses nay sayers. You won't find many in the US with this headstock.

Epiphone es-335..... actual model number.....this was 1997 or 1998....so I don't remember too many of those , but I could be wrong.

Screenshot_20240810-192233_Gallery.jpg

Haven't shown this one yet. Nothing special, on its face. Totally stock, other than the replacement bridge piece, due to excessive corrosion.

Purchased in Italy, for 300 US ..threw in a gigbag, because I still had to walk around with it on my back ...all day. I was in the service, and it spoke to me. Actually was in a couple heavy bands where I played this ...out. it rips....and embarrasses nay sayers. You won't find many in the US with this headstock.

Epiphone es-335..... actual model number.....this was 1997 or 1998....so I don't remember too many of those , but I could be wrong.

View attachment 26349
Nice. I dig the slightly older Epi's. I always wanted one of those Sheratons from the early 90's.

Nice. I dig the slightly older Epi's. I always wanted one of those Sheratons from the early 90's.
Me too ...which is why this surprised me. I didn't know that they made an es 335 as an Epiphone back then ...must have been an overseas market only thing, which is why I grabbed it.

Edit - guess I was wrong ..but i don't remember them ...damn weed

Not really sure of the guitars actual age ...as guitars sat for awhile over there.

Last edited:
I just received a message from your fret board.

Dear sir,
Please trim your finger nails.
Thank you,
Your fretboard
XOXOXO

View attachment 27229

Don't shoot the messenger. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Well to be fair, a good bit of that deep fretboard wear was before my acquisition. But I played it for about 6 yrs. with the stock vintage frets which were tiny -- yet it still played great. I did a refret with Dunlop 6000s, but I was careful not to level the rosewood too much as I liked the character and feel. It's a 7.25 radius.

Back