What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Well to be fair, a good bit of that deep fretboard wear was before my acquisition. But I played it for about 6 yrs. with the stock vintage frets which were tiny -- yet it still played great. I did a refret with Dunlop 6000s, but I was careful not to level the rosewood too much as I liked the character and feel. It's a 7.25 radius.
I was just messing, but damn!

These are often such killer guitars. This one reminds me of a MIJ Squier Wayne’s World Strat I had that came out of fujigen - had a great early 60s vibe but the neck was just a bit thinner than I could tolerate. Amazing player though.
I had looked up the SN years ago but can't remember the factory, could have been that one. It definitely has the early 60's vibe and yes the neck is thinner than all my others but it just plays so good and works I don't think about it.

As the title says. What you pickin' on right now? Brief description if you'd like.
Charvel GG.

Charvel GG.jpg

I thought they had reversed Tele heads.
It did, but I replaced it with the neck off my DK24. Feel like a blind person trying to tune it with reverse headstock. Incredibly dumb move by Charvel on a guitar without a locking nut, IMO. The DK24 sounded almost identical to my GG, anyways...

Anybody looking for a loaded Charvel DK24 body in burgundy mist finish?
PXL_20240825_212635858.jpg

Last edited:
It did, but I replaced it with the neck off my DK24. Feel like a blind person trying to tune it with reverse headstock. Incredibly dumb move by Charvel on a guitar without a locking nut, IMO. The DK24 sounded almost identical to the GG, anyways...

Anybody looking for a loaded Charvel DK24 body in burgundy mist finish?
View attachment 27265
Ah man, a couple weeks ago and I would've been your huckleberry

1000000755.jpg

Modded Contemporary Squire tele. Turned it into an esquire and swapped out the SQR rail style humbucker pickup for a much lower output Wilkinson rail pickup. It has a Dimarzio Super distortion under the pick guard that's wired in series with the bridge that slightly warms up the tone. I also set it up with 250k pots and ditched the 500k stock pots.

Sad thing is, it's my cheapest guitar at around $600 with the mods, yet I do about 90% of my bridge pickup recording with it. It's just a very good sounding guitar for the slightly breaking tone I tend to use. It records much better than either of my Gibsons for humbucker bridge tones with the amps I'm using (Fender Champ, Blackstar Artist)

Last edited:
Back