What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

My CE24 semihollow has really been top dog lately. Idk if it’s the neck profile, 24 frets, the pickups or what but it really just has been feeling and sounding like home base lately. I’ve bonded with it much more months later after getting it than I did at the beginning

4B679D10-2578-479C-BFB5-4CD5C375E7A3.jpeg

I was doing a set run through practice earlier with my core custom 22 and was just wanting to switch to this the whole time :LOL: :eek:

My CE24 semihollow has really been top dog lately. Idk if it’s the neck profile, 24 frets, the pickups or what but it really just has been feeling and sounding like home base lately. I’ve bonded with it much more months later after getting it than I did at the beginning

View attachment 25674

I was doing a set run through practice earlier with my core custom 22 and was just wanting to switch to this the whole time :LOL: :eek:

I have one of those, only a darker blue. I do like it very much...

View attachment 25674

I love everything about this.

Screenshot_20240728-152045_Gallery.jpg

Yamaha FG700S I purchased in 2012 from GC for 100 bucks, it has a couple superficial cracks in the top, that were somewhat repaired, not by me......but for 100 dollars, can't be beat.

Installed the acoustic preamp and pick up. Upgraded the nut and the saddle, along with the bridge pins, to bone ...and this thing is amazing....I know it's a cheap laminate top ...but I'm pretty sure Yamaha knows how to manufacture anything well....so yep ...strumming some Al Green and Luther Vandros right now....

IMG_1522.jpeg

I’ve been assembling this one from parts. Still dialing in the geometry but it’s a looker.

The neck is an allparts TRF, all nickel Gotoh hardware, Fender PV 64 pickups, CTS Pots, and a GFS XGP body that looks great but might get the boot because they ever so slightly botched the bridge string-through hole location and I think it makes the guitar sound “plinky”.

View attachment 25784

I’ve been assembling this one from parts. Still dialing in the geometry but it’s a looker.

The neck is an allparts TRF, all nickel Gotoh hardware, Fender PV 64 pickups, CTS Pots, and a GFS XGP body that looks great but might get the boot because they ever so slightly botched the bridge string-through hole location and I think it makes the guitar sound “plinky”.
Nice color.

Not exactly "right now," but last night I did strap on the V (that sounds weird :unsure:)
and put on the Scorpions Lovedrive Album and played along. Man, what simple,
yet compelling, riffs and songs. I swear 7 of the tracks are in the key of Em. :LOL:

There's also no upper fret access like Flying V upper fret access. :chef

Kind of odd, at first, how little meat there is up that high. :idk

Not exactly "right now," but last night I did strap on the V (that sounds weird :unsure:)
and put on the Scorpions Lovedrive Album and played along. Man, what simple,
yet compelling, riffs and songs. I swear 7 of the tracks are in the key of Em. :LOL:

There's also no upper fret access like Flying V upper fret access. :chef

Kind of odd, at first, how little meat there is up that high. :idk
Nice! Were you running through the Fractal or something else?

Just Fractal and Studio Monitors last night, FA. About 70 dB. :idk

I tried the V with the 50 watt Plexi and also a couple of different
JCM800 models. Both were good, but my ears are just tuned to
adore JCM800s in all their gloriousness. :chef

Back