What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

A 2019 Gibson Flying V

GbsnFlyingV.jpg

That an Adam Jones or "just" an ordinary Silverburst LPC? I wouldn't sell it. 😀
It's not a AJ LP but is a super clean Silverburst. I bought it from a guy that thought he was going to learn to play during covid, but never did so it just sat in its case.

I have not made up my mind yet, so it's staying for now. I was thinking of putting a SD Super Distortion in the bridge. Right now it's got "better" Epi humbuckers than it came with and set up so the coils can be split with push/pull pots. I want to hear it through the SC20H that is on it's way.

I may just keep it and start picking up parts to make a parts-caster.

Last edited:
guitar output going to a little amp (circuit board) and powering a transducer that's taped to the horn..

homemade feedbacker....

The upper single coil has been converted into a homemade sustainiac as well... I'm experimenting with the two
You going for the 'With or Without You" intro kinda vibe?
An associate of Lanois' made something similar for that song.

I dunno.. it started out as a sustainiac project..

I do want to be able to use the effect in my recordings.. for coloring or whateves

when it's all done it will be tidy and unnoticeable, as is tradition

I dunno.. it started out as a sustainiac project..

I do want to be able to use the effect in my recordings.. for coloring or whateves

when it's all done it will be tidy and unnoticeable, as is tradition
Color me interested. If you get it where you want would love to see a diagram or schematic?

Color me interested. If you get it where you want would love to see a diagram or schematic?
For sure!

I started out doing exactly what this guy did... but it wasn't working that great.. so I bought a different amp and the transducer. I think my original problem was the amp, cause this one works great with the pickup too

... I should probably start a thread?

Been playing my Hofner Shorty while on vacay with the wife and kids. I go back to work this week and back on vacation for another week, where it will still be the Hofner Shorty.

Even now that I'm back home I'm still playing it today. It's so small and convenient and now that I've put some better tuners on it I'd even take it as a backup to a gig.

20240707_193757.jpg

Been playing my Hofner Shorty while on vacay with the wife and kids. I go back to work this week and back on vacation for another week, where it will still be the Hofner Shorty.

Even now that I'm back home I'm still playing it today. It's so small and convenient and now that I've put some better tuners on it I'd even take it as a backup to a gig.

View attachment 25035
The one you modified, right? The hand-rest?

Back