What Guitar Are You Playing At This Very Moment...

Same Guitar (Revstar II), usual morning time practice, and figuring out how to get that ~ 1 minute long sustain at my room playing level (not very loud)
I know you just cant beat Db for sustain but have to find away, which i may have found using the Optical Sustainer compressor (still testing)

Time Stamped --->

Last edited:
discover dwayne johnson GIF

Same Guitar (Revstar II), usual morning time practice, and figuring out how to get that ~ 1 minute long sustain at my room playing level (not very loud)
I know you just cant beat Db for sustain but have to find away, which i may have found using the Optical Sustainer compressor (still testing)

Time Stamped --->

Dang Stone... laying it down. Makes a great Santana tone too.:chef

That's more like some tasty harmonic feedback than sustain. Put a strap on that guitar and move around the room and
try standing in front of those Powercabs in different places.... and find that sweetspot so you can milk that note. :rawk

Even on big stages with real cabs like Gary is using some spots will sound better/sweeter than others.

Last edited:
Another thought on creating sustained feedback, @Stone . Make sure that the Noise Gate in the Input Block
is not set in such a way that it is chopping off the tail of the notes. If it is, you can disable it, or drop the
Threshold down.

Both beautiful!
Thanks, man! I sometimes wish I had kept that LP, but it was uncomfortable to play and very heavy.

Just like many of us, I was in-between jobs and had kids to feed, bills to pay, etc around 2010 when the world economy had fallen apart. I also sold my MIM Strat and amps at the time. The cool thing was that a guy from a church showed up putting together a worship band, checked everything out, bought the Strat and amps for what I wanted then called a week later asking if I still had the LP. Bought everything and didn't pay me one dime less than what I wanted on anything.

Is that one stock? I have been looking to get a SG style guitar and I am very familiar with Epiphones. Here is mine with Gibson 57's and 50's wiring I play now and my old Epi LP I sold a few years ago modded with PRS pickups and better wiring.

How do you like yours?

View attachment 9666

View attachment 9667
Yeah it’s all stock other than the decal lol.
It took me a little while to adjust to an SG.
I’m now actually more comfortable with it than with my other guitars 🤷🏻
It’s the Inspired by Gibson series SG Modern version.
It does have some neck dive but is manageable for me .

Back