What Did You Do With Your Guitar(s) Today?

Black & White is my top roaster. Killer selection and I get my beans two days after they were roasted.

Some pretty good micro roasters up your way too.

Thanks. I'll do some investigating and see what I can find. Mostly settled on Lavazza and Kicking Horse
for the daily grind on the cheaps. :idk

Happy Labor Day GIF by Sealed With A GIF

Not something I'd normally do... but I distressed this guitar as if it had been dropped in the mud and wiped off. :ROFLMAO:
I put a light satin clear over it, it's still curing. Will take a scotch pad to it afterwards.
This has been an off/on project for a long while -- and I've mentioned before that the old original Kramer neck just wasn't working for me, not to mention it already had some hairline cracks at the locking nut. Neck is too thin for me now and not worth fixing imo. So I'll be ordering a Warmoth neck SOON.

:farley
Maybe do a wenge/ebony or goncalo/ebony, boatneck, 22 SS frets, and maybe, just maybe, a full scallop too.
And I've decided I'm going to use my vintage EMG's for this one. An S and 81 (or 85), and they already have the natural wear so they'll be a good fit. Still have the black Schaller and will more than likely get a d-tuna added. Will need to rout out a bit for that.

View attachment 27606
So I decided on getting a maple/maple Warmoth neck/warhead headstock. Full scalloped baby! :pickleWill be my first. Locking nut, 1 11/16", 6100 SS - 22 frets. Boatneck contour. Went ahead and ordered some new EMG's too, what the heck. S and 85X models. Still thinking on the d-tuna, probably will though.

So I decided on getting a maple/maple Warmoth neck/warhead headstock. Full scalloped baby! :pickleWill be my first. Locking nut, 1 11/16", 6100 SS - 22 frets. Boatneck contour. Went ahead and ordered some new EMG's too, what the heck. S and 85X models. Still thinking on the d-tuna, probably will though.

I am calling Larry Dimarzio and ratting you out. So. Disappointing. :hmm

I like the actives (85, 60A, SA, and 58 especially), but I would go with an H4A and S3 (higher output S1 with a plain EMG style cover without exposed pole pieces). Then try out some of EMGs active controls (SPC, RPC, EXG, etc).

I like the actives (85, 60A, SA, and 58 especially), but I would go with an H4A and S3 (higher output S1 with a plain EMG style cover without exposed pole pieces). Then try out some of EMGs active controls (SPC, RPC, EXG, etc).
I was an avid EMG'r for many years, probably 6 different sets I've owned. I love the S, the 85 is great and sounds good clean when needed. Just the active tone control will be added. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the SPC or EXG controls. They never quite did it for me, just didn't sound as natural to me. I was close to getting the 60 but decided on the 85x.

I was an avid EMG'r for many years, probably 6 different sets I've owned. I love the S, the 85 is great and sounds good clean when needed. Just the active tone control will be added. To be honest, I'm not crazy about the SPC or EXG controls. They never quite did it for me, just didn't sound as natural to me. I was close to getting the 60 but decided on the 85x.
I have the EXG and SPC in most of the guitars I own, so I'm a definite fan.

I have the EXG and SPC in most of the guitars I own, so I'm a definite fan.
Yeah, I'm definitely not saying they can't be usable, it's just I didn't prefer using them much. :grin
I do have a DG20 set with both controls, although not currently in a guitar, and I used the EXG a little more than the SPC. I may wire it up again soon.

Back