What are your settings for slap delay?

Boudoir Guitar

Rock Star
Delay time?
Delay type?
Mix?
In front of amp or in loop/after?
Any other tweaks?

I keep pushing mine longer and longer -- 170ms was working great for me today. Lo-fi tape with a bit of saturation to blunt the front edge of the repeat. Little to no modulation.

bitch slap slapping GIF

I don't really do slap tbh. But the rare cases that I do, it is somewhere between 150-200ms. Very low mix. Digital or analog delay. Feedback almost at zero. No modulation. In front of the amp.

80 ms, 50% mix

Helix: Transistor Tape, Bucket Brigade, or Elephant Man

Real-life pedals: Belle Epoch, Aqua Puss mk2, Mooer Ana Echo

130ms ish but i’ll adjust for the part. Might be as low as 60ms, maybe as high as 160ms. Low feedback. Sometimes some drive, usually with some filtering.

Quite like trying to have the mix as high as I can get away with.

115-175 ms depending on the part usually. If I have to pick one and leave it, 115. A little less than 50% mix set by ear. Very low feedback, really just one noticeable repeat

Oh and I use a DMM model typically after a DMM video Michael Nielsen posted a long time ago. He pointed out it was kind of a perfect slap back sound and after trying it I can’t find anything I like better.

D

I also rarely need slap but when I do it really depends on the song. I'll first get a drum machine going and then crank the mix on echo to better hear it. Then get an even timed slap. Then drop the mix to normal settings.

Pedal, modeler, it doesn't matter I like both. Rarely modulation on a short setting

Back