Newish Amp Day: KSR Orion (with amateur clips!!!)

Mongillo19

Rock Star
Despite my frustration with the effects loop this morning, I was able to get that sorted and record some clips of each of the channels.

The KSR Orion has 4 channels and 2 EQs. A shared EQ for Lead 1 and Lead 2 and a shared EQ for Clean and Crunch. Guitar used was a Epi LP Matt Heafy with Fishman Mattt Heafy Pickups

Clean:
Has Hi/Lo and I keep it on Lo as Hi essentially turns it into another crunch channel. The Negative Feedback (NFB) know was all the way to the left (making the amp sound brighter and more "modern" imo). Played on bridge with coil split engaged and some london plate reverb from the axe fx.

Is it the greatest clean Ive ever heard? no. But that's not why you'd get this amp. I think it does the job and takes dirt pedals well. I turn on my demon fx dualgun at some point in this video so you can hear it get a little gain. Setting (clock example): Bass: 1; Mid: 11; Treble: 3

Crunch:
The crunch channel has a wide range. 12 and below is plexi territory (for lack of a better description) while full cranked is hot rodded marshall. I love putting the SD1W in front of this channel to get some 80s hair tone

Settings: Bass: 2; Mids: 11; Treble: 3

Lead 1 and Lead 2:

Lead 1 and 2 are quite similar but 2 is described as having more saturation and harmonic content. They are super high gain and tight sounding channels. The clips here were boosted with an Airis Effects Pika Drive which is essentially a modern take on a TS. Settings are same as above for the crunch channel. I did mess with the NFB on Lead 2 so you can see how the more to the right you turn it, the more "vintage" it sounds:

Lead 1:

Lead 2:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/h75esod946rcxixyfinv4/Lead2.wav?rlkey=3mnfnulubnna6pyrujl6vyr1n&dl=0

Lead 2 NFB to the right:

The lead channels are why you buy this amp imo. Super tight and modern sounding that have a great feel to them.

All in all this amp is super versatile. Out the door it was around $1500 and has plenty of great features. All of this was recorded using the amps internal load and running into the axe fx for effects and cab sims using the mesa straight dyna cab.

Enjoy my 1 finger riffs and let me know what you think!

Attachments

• PXL_20230924_140321491.jpg
    PXL_20230924_140321491.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 32
  • PXL_20230924_140316565.jpg
    PXL_20230924_140316565.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Back