What are you listening to right now ?

Really love his tone
Its def a Mesa Mark II, i can hear a hint of chorus and there is a cocked wah tone to that, also think might be greenbacks
New challenge on the horizon ?

:guiness:pickle:guiness
Gillis could always bring it. Wish he'd been in a heavier band though.

Yes it could have been interesting if after that tour he would have made at least one album with Ozzy

:headbang
Gotta respect Gillis for sticking with his buds, of course. But I honestly haven't heard a single new Night Ranger song since the 80's.

Saw somewhere that they still tour but :idk

Man, he was smart to bail on Ozzy. I heard Ozzy was a miserable fuck and took all of
his grief and anger about Randy's death on Brad. :idk

I mean, look at what Shozbourne has done to guitarists over the years. The only
one to come out somewhat unscathed is Zakk. The rest either died on the job, or
got shafted on publishing and royalties, or both.

Brad ended up better off than Jake did. Brad got his songwriting and publishing
with Night Ranger and didn't have his creative work stolen from him by a greedy wench.

It all looks like one of the world's great guitar gigs from the outside. But from the inside
it had to have been miserable----and by all accounts it was.

I mean, you make Jake E Lee want to drop out of the music business for 2+ decades and
George Lynch cry like a baby you are some ruthless fucks.

Last edited:
I just saw this. I didn't know things had gotten so bad prior Randy's passing.

Speak Of The Devil was the planned Album Randy and Tommy and Rudy refused to
do.

Wow! Randy was going to legit fulfill his contract and leave Ozzy!

1710724104286.png

Man, he was smart to bail on Ozzy. I heard Ozzy was a miserable fuck and took all of
his grief and anger about Randy's death on Brad. :idk

I mean, look at what Shozbourne has done to guitarists over the years. The only
one to come out somewhat unscathed is Zakk. The rest either died on the job, or
got shafted on publishing and royalties, or both.

Brad ended up better off than Jake did. Brad got his songwriting and publishing
with Night Ranger and didn't have his creative work stolen from him by a greedy wench.

It all looks like one of the world's great guitar gigs from the outside. But from the inside
it had to have been miserable----and by all accounts it was.

I mean, you make Jake E Lee want to drop out of the music business for 2+ decades and
George Lynch cry like a baby you are some ruthless fucks.
It's a job that wouldn't be fun, despite how it looks. The heap that ended up after three records known as Badlands was basically "same fuck, different dick" in terms of getting screwed around. I've heard Jake had problems, but who knows where that shit story spawned from.

Bernie had no intention of staying, Gary was right not to get involved, Joe was with Ozzy for years and recorded one song (a cover, I think), Steve just wrote some songs, and Zakk pursued his own things to leverage his career rather than be left to drift in obscurity.

Broken down heaps all over the place, and that's just the guitar side of things.

Yup. What a shitshow. That entire camp. Ozzy is not immune from blame. He
fucked people over multiple times, and stole other people's work and claimed
it as his own.

Is there anything more shitty a musician/artist could do to other musicians/artists? :facepalm

I don't think so.

Yup. What a shitshow. That entire camp. Ozzy is not immune from blame. He
fucked people over multiple times, and stole other people's work and claimed
it as his own.

Is there anything more shitty a musician/artist could do to other musicians/artists? :facepalm

I don't think so.
They could gaslight others into thinking they did most of the work. I think this is primarily the case with Vinnie Vincent, whom didn't save shit, by the way. There are articles from the time period of 1983 where KISS is still struggling to fill venues.

Back