What are you listening to right now ?

View attachment 31051

I know it e flat, but with a tuned up f?

I use a similar tuning but I drop the g a semi....I've called it my f sharp tuning for years..... beautiful harmonics. And cool barre voicings.

F# A D F# B E

Very fun, sounds heavy AF too with chugs🤘
That seems like an open Bb tuning, as goofy as that is. Eb wasn't dropped down a whole step, and F was raised a whole step from Eb. Both should be C#.

To which tuning are you referring? Oops....so are you saying the tab is wrong?

Or are you just thinking out loud?

@la szum would know.....but he is out for a bit ....so I'll wait to see what he has to say I suppose.

I would assume drop d flat/c# as well ..but I do some silly stuff sometimes too!😝
The tab's odd tuning seems like a sort of strange tuning. Now I'm doubting my prior statement (mostly because I tend to refer to "Eb" as D# these days).

It's like a perfect fifth type tuning, I believe...or a simple variation of

View attachment 31055

Sure @Ed DeGenaro could weigh in...maybe dumb it down for the music dyslexic 🙏

With this known.....that makes the pedal a flat in the verse.....like a harmonically related choice....right?
A# to C# is a minor third. Anyways, I'm not sure what tab it is you're looking at, but just scanning this one seems pretty decent.

A# to C# is a minor third. Anyways, I'm not sure what tab it is you're looking at, but just scanning this one seems pretty decent.

Also thanks.....the tab is part of the confusion...the other is me not noticing the a flat up 2 semi tones to b flat......sorry ...I'm a little slow ..... musical dyslexia.

Last edited:
Back