What are you listening to right now ?

Tell me Barry doesn't sound like Mr. Hanky here? It's uncanny. :grin

Mr Hankey Christmas GIF by South Park

Id love a gibson flying V. I had a copy years ago that got stolen. Bought it for like $25 from a kid who wanted weed money. He painted it black, i spray painted pink stripes on it and put stickers on it...i was so cool lol
Sounds like you were a hooligan.

"I mean you know how cool I am! I'm sooo bad!"

Good stuff. I remember playing love gun in a band I was in. Destroyer is probably my favorite From that lineup.
I like the first three songs, then the album takes a dive off a cliff into a pile of mediocrity. Ezrin needs to be a lot less hands on with his production jobs. It's at the very bottom of the list for me because there is an almost complete lack of Ace. He may've played some on the album, but he's just going through the motions. His playing on any of the stuff from 74-77 outside of Destroyer smokes anything Destroyer has to offer as far as lead guitar goes.

I like the first three songs, then the album takes a dive off a cliff into a pile of mediocrity. Ezrin needs to be a lot less hands on with his production jobs. It's at the very bottom of the list for me because there is an almost complete lack of Ace. He may've played some on the album, but he's just going through the motions. His playing on any of the stuff from 74-77 outside of Destroyer smokes anything Destroyer has to offer as far as lead guitar goes.
My favorite from the non original lineup is Revenge. That album kicks ass.....

My favorite from the non original lineup is Revenge. That album kicks ass.....
Creatures of the Night, Animalize, and Revenge are my favorites after Ace and Peter were gone. I also really enjoy Hot in the Shade, even if it is a polished demo with far too many songs. Read My Body is fucking hideous to say the least, but I like quite a few of the rest of the tracks. Asylum is also pretty good, and probably as close to 70s KISS as 80s KISS ever got.

And don't laugh, but i love the unplugged album
Did you watch the Unplugged stuff they put on Kissology vol 3? I think it's better than the album, which is pretty good. Frankly, I think KISS Unplugged was a great way to end the band. Once they put the makeup back on, it was just an empty vessel with no heart or soul, parading nostalgia around for cash.

Back