What are you listening to right now ?

Nice! My Great-Grandparents had a place on Budd Lake when I was a kid.
Used to gig all up and down M-61 from Gladwin to Pinconning to White Star
to the Budd Lake Bar & Grill in Harrison. Beautiful area. :beer
Tis ..

We have a family farm out in the boonies back deep in state land.

Family has lived in the area since the early 1900s....so yeah, lots to see .... Have a time keeping dickheads off my property though....being right up against state land.... especially during deer season.

Cool to know that you are familiar with Michigan... especially round my area.

:beer

Nice! My Great-Grandparents had a place on Budd Lake when I was a kid.
Used to gig all up and down M-61 from Gladwin to Pinconning to White Star
to the Budd Lake Bar & Grill in Harrison. Beautiful area. :beer
You know about that awesome rock radio station in grayling/Gaylord

Soooooo good. They play so many good songs ...have a great variety...some good DJs, also the owner plays guitar and plays out. Kind of rare .. nowadays.

I do. I've mentioned that Station a dozen times or more on this Forum. :love

Have done a few live remotes with JC in the past. Great dude! He's just a lifelong lover
of music. It is Jabo (afternoon DJ) who plays and gigs, I believe.
We are SO blessed! :beer

Will be in Grayling later this evening, as the Au Sable River Festival starts today.

I do. I've mentioned that Station a dozen times or more on this Forum. :love

Have done a few live remotes with JC in the past. Great dude! He's just a lifelong lover
of music. It is Jabo (afternoon DJ) who plays and gigs, I believe.
We are SO blessed! :beer

Will be in Grayling later this evening, as the Au Sable River Festival starts today.
Indeed....i was working a couple of years ago, outside, and I have a nice system that I blast for everyone surrounding my property..... and stumbled upon the station, playing Oblivion by Mastodon...and then they played Gojira ....I knew it was for me....haven't changed the channel since.....love hearing jomamas voice sometimes ..she cheers me up when I work.....seems like a cool crew.

Was very surprised, very happy.

Yup. Mastodon, and then a deep Maiden cut from Powerslave, followed by some Steely Dan! :banana

I'd bet there is not a Radio Station like it in the entirety of the world.
I love that ..that's the best...and then a blues block ...and then the deep cuts they play....always in the request stuff too....and they broadcast online...so I push them elsewhere when I see people complaining about the lack of rock radio.

There is also a real good college style station near me too....when it comes in....it plays some neat new stuff....and some lovely crusty old indie punk.

So neat .. especially out here in the middle of no where ..kind of gives you hope.

I love that ..that's the best...and then a blues block ...and then the deep cuts they play....always in the request stuff too....and they broadcast online...so I push them elsewhere when I see people complaining about the lack of rock radio.

There is also a real good college style station near me too....when it comes in....it plays some neat new stuff....and some lovely crusty old indie punk.

So neat .. especially out here in the middle of no where ..kind of gives you hope.

Almost sounds like a great movie. There is a glimmer of hope, and all is not lost, so
long as there is one last, independent Radio Station broadcasting. :beer

Radio Free America. :LOL:

Almost sounds like a great movie. There is a glimmer of hope, and all is not lost, so
long as there is one last, independent Radio Station broadcasting. :beer

Radio Free America. :LOL:
My wife and I have talked about this station with our friends so often.....I always say, "I wish I could have a 2 hour block on that station....even if it was on Sunday evening....man....I would have fun playing with a little radio show."....alas, I then usually look at my wife and say, "who says that?"

Then I laugh maniacally, run to the shadows and cry because of my failed dreams......just kidding....

Seriously though, would love to do a show on that station...it would be fun.

Back