What’s going on with Marshall??

metropolis_4

Shredder
First we heard they were sold to Zound and became the Marshall Group

Then there was the big 50% off sale on all the British made models

Now several online shops like GC, Zzounds, and AMS no longer list the British models, and others like Sweetwater still list them but not in stock (back ordered).

The only models you can find are the Studio series and Vietnam made models.

Something seems to be going on… :unsure:

There's some discusion here from just over a week ago, although it seems mostly like a puff piece:

tbf, it would be dumb for Marshall not to cash in on the branding. Its probably their strongest asset, people recognise the logo and associate it with being part of a stage back line without even knowing what it is.

Not to say the sound and products aren’t a factor either, but it’s free money for them to make that most brands would dream of having. Fender and Gibson take advantage of it too.

Probably expect some changes with the new ownership, but I’d imagine the British economy/worldwide trading post brexit, supply chains due to war, pandemic, and just general trends factor in more. The Vietnam factory has been running a while and the amps aren’t too bad. But concerning where they’re headed but the same could be said for the valve amp industry in general.

Being from America, I feel like my relationship with Marshall could be different if I were from the UK. On this side of the pond, there are a lot of Marshall flavored options for a more competitive price considering the “improvements” and options.

Again. Being from America, they remind me of Taco Bell. I love them, but every time they come out with something, I can’t help but feel like I’ve seen it before.

That's not the situation in Europe. They are all in stock in Europe, where Marshall is from. I think all is good.
I wouldn't read too much into what happens in a foreign market such as the US.

It could however be something local going on, such as Marshall switching US distributor.

Back