Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

Randall RGs in the house!! :)

I saw where Pilson and Lynch both wished that album could get remixed---even if neither were
ultimately happy with the use of Randalls during the recording.

My first big boy amp was an RG100 half stack.
I'm going to show my age here. But I would love to have heard George Lynch through Invasion of Your Privacy guitar tones.

to me ULAK is way smoother than IVOYP. way less hair around the notes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't George and Warren using similar amps, if not the same amp, to record
with in that time period??? Wasn't there a mythical SIR rental that they both sought out, and Warren came to
eventually own, and then George tried to steal/stole/borrow indefinitely??

Rob Chapman.

0A130FB1-BF46-40BA-9871-FE49413C2E8A.jpeg

Correct me if I am wrong, but weren't George and Warren using similar amps, if not the same amp, to record
with in that time period??? Wasn't there a mythical SIR rental that they both sought out, and Warren came to
eventually own, and then George tried to steal/stole/borrow indefinitely??
different amps. warren's amp is different than the tim caswell-modded marshall that george used on "under lock and key."

in any event, those two albums sound nothing alike tonally.

Yeah, I thought he was an okay enough guitarist, a decent musician for the time, but he was such a legendary A-hole to people, I don’t really see the admiration for him.
The material of his I like; I love. His output was much greater than the overall quality level imo. His swagger was his biggest asset I'd say.

The material of his I like; I love. His output was much greater than the overall quality level imo. His swagger was his biggest asset I'd say.
Just some of the stories that have come out since his death are just terrible though. Ever hear what he did to Captain Kirk’s vintage Epiphone? Fucking destroyed it, without any thought. What a dick.

different amps. warren's amp is different than the tim caswell-modded marshall that george used on "under lock and key."

in any event, those two albums sound nothing alike tonally.

Uhmmm... ok. Nothing alike?? Man, you must have WAY better ears than I do. Those tones are definitely NOT world's apart to my ears.
🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Uhmmm... ok. Nothing alike?? Man, you must have WAY better ears than I do. Those tones are definitely NOT world's apart to my ears.
🤷‍♂️
way different to me. it ain't even close. but that's just me. i don't hear a lot of hair on ULAK...just a lot of sustain. to me it ain't even the same amp.

Back