Wazzup?? I'll Open Up With Something Controversial: What Guitarist Don't You "Get"?

Fuck you I wont do what you told me. Or something to that effect. Wears the guitar awkwardly high. So Im not going to be doing that, either.

Definitely Tom Morello.

Invite him to your gig, and at best, he'll pull off a party favor impersonation with his "playing"... you know, you throw a party and hand out shit to attendees like kazoos? Morello is the fucking kazoo.

@1:04

Plus the hypocrite fucker was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and all his "raging" is just bullshit that the masses lick up; making him $$$$$$ while snickering to himself, "SUCKERS!".

Fucking fraud and a half in many ways; don't get me started.

Agreed. Within a year, signed to a major label, and used to sell people Che shirts (whom is in complete contradiction to their beliefs). Goofy all around.

I don't get YT guitarists and the "riff music" sometimes djent generic tone, generic stuff that started to happen since YT guitar has become a thing.

Definitely Tom Morello.

Invite him to your gig, and at best, he'll pull off a party favor impersonation with his "playing"... you know, you throw a party and hand out shit to attendees like kazoos? Morello is the fucking kazoo.

Plus the hypocrite fucker was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, and all his "raging" is just bullshit that the masses lick up; making him $$$$$$ while snickering to himself, "SUCKERS!".

If you can set aside your absolute disdain for a 2 minute read of Wikipedia, it’s pretty clear the guy has a LONG history of political involvement…and not only him, but his family. His Kenyan father was apparently deeply involved in the Mau Mau Uprising and became Kenya’s first UN ambassador.

I also don’t see what ANY of this has to do with his guitar playing.

Last edited:
Definitely Tom Morello.

Yeah, I don’t get that guy. The whole band is like an old car, even if you do get it started all it does is make noise and it goes nowhere.

I’ve always thought EVH’s impact on guitar is grossly over exaggerated. Now, before you jackasses unroll your cigs from your sleeve and jump in your bitchin’ camaro to chase me down, I’ll submit evidence.

This is his best work.

(I don't completely disagree. There's a sig line around here that has been making me awfully twitchy the last week or two)

I know I'll get jumped on, but I never got BB King.
Single note phrases and bends. I read, years ago, that the man himself said he wasn't much of a one for chords.
Tone? you might say, but plenty of players had great tone, Gilmour springs to mind straight off the bat. 🤔

I made this comment last year, but I still stand by it.

Single note phrases and bends. I read, years ago, that the man himself said he wasn't much of a one for chords.
Tone? you might say, but plenty of players had great tone, Gilmour springs to mind straight off the bat. 🤔

I'll go one step further. Blues music (with very few exceptions) is generally gross af as a whole.

I'll go one step further. Blues music (with very few exceptions) is generally gross af as a whole.
I hesitate to Diss blues music as a whole, but blues wouldn't be my choice of music to listen to for pleasure.
I love Bonamassa's playing, but I much prefer his straight up rock tunes. His straight up blues stuff, I can take it or leave it.

Wish I had his chops though 😏

I'll add one more to this pile, Joe Bonamassa. I can only listen to him for about 30 seconds before my attention span starts to run...

Although I wish I could play that well!

This is tough. Growing up in a family of blues musicians…I get it. It’s a lot of the same phrasing over and over, same progressions, etc. Then you have to consider where music would be without that influence. Would we have zep? Sabbath? Rock?
I agree with you up to a point. Zeppelin, more so than Sabbath, took blues based music to another level, creating what came to be called " heavy" rock.

Back