Video Games

Ok, I bought Elden Ring and have started over on PS5.

Planning to "continue" my original character as a Spellsword-type build. Enchanting weapons and bonking guys with the Claymore / the occasional pew pew magic is just too much fun. Also I LOVE the Carian Knight armour set. It's genuinely one of my favourite character designs ever so I can't not use it again. :clint
Best of luck! I went to the campfire right off the starting area and got absolutely roasted (no spoilers but feel free to check it out). It's moments like that where I very much appreciate Elden Ring but then also get pissed off simultaneously

Best of luck! I went to the campfire right off the starting area and got absolutely roasted (no spoilers but feel free to check it out). It's moments like that where I very much appreciate Elden Ring but then also get pissed off simultaneously
Oh well now I'm curious! Which campfire? :LOL:

Hard to say 😂 it's in a swampy area and some low level enemies are chilling by it.

That's probably not much to go off of but that way it can be a little bit of a surprise!
Ah, you're talking about Agheel Lake I think. Yeah, I stubbornly killed it really early on when I first played. I just cheesed it with Torrent and killed it on the third try. :rofl

There's definitely a learning curve but it won Game of the Year for a reason :love
You bastards are going to make me reinstall Sekiro, aren't you?

Fine. But this is the last time. :hmm

If I like it half as much as wound up liking Lies of P, I'll be back here thanking everyone profusely in a few days LOL.

Ok, I bought Elden Ring and have started over on PS5.
I just started over a few nights back, as well. It's been interesting because, the first time I played it, I really didn't internalize the whole "open world" idea, and I really under-leveraged Torrent. So I mostly walked around the world, rinsing whatever content I encountered in the order in which I encountered it - with the assumption that any alternative would be too perilous. I.e. I played it like a Dark Souls game.

Hence 200-ish hours to complete it the first time. :O

This time I'm just kind of messing around, with more of a "nothing to lose" attitude. Riding wherever I feel like riding, blowing past entire groups of enemies at will, taking on whatever I want to take on... And it's funny - the game actually feels much easier this way. Things that took me dozens of hours to find in my last play through are actually free for the taking if you just get on your horse and ride a minute or two in any given direction. The game overall feels much smaller, faster paced, and more generous. (Although I vaguely remember the map opens up later and says "I was just getting warmed up...")

There's still that intermittent "no clear objective/ sense of direction" thing that comes with open-world games, though, and if anything, it's worse playing it this way.

Last edited:
I almost bought Elden Ring this weekend but went with CoD instead. Now regretting that.

It’s doing what I wanted it to do, provided mindless entertainment, but maybe I didn’t need to go as mindless.

You bastards are going to make me reinstall Sekiro, aren't you?

Fine. But this is the last time. :hmm

If I like it half as much as wound up liking Lies of P, I'll be back here thanking everyone profusely in a few days LOL.
Reinstalled. Apparently I’d played 30 hours before throwing in the towel, and I remember feeling like I’d only scratched the surface. Which is quietly terrifying. Anyone remember, ballpark, how long it took to complete? I’m definitely going to have to start over. Get my “Sekiro chops” back in order, if I ever had any to start with.

Nope, still hate it.

Yes, Sekiro was game of the year for a reason: because FromSoft hadn’t released a real Soulslike that year. ;)

I've been playing Dark Souls Remastered on Switch. I am amazed they couldn't get this crap to run at 60 fps even on Switch's potato hardware. Lazy damn ports...

Came back from Japan yesterday and my 12h flight was not made better by those damn Anor Londo archer knights...

Came back from Japan yesterday and my 12h flight was not made better by those damn Anor Londo archer knights...
Forgot about them. Falling to instadeath is the worst. I seem to recall swapping out my shield to improve poise or whatever? It's been a while...

Adventures in modern technology.

My spouse is in Japan, and she's been using Playstation Remote Play to play the new Final Fantasy 7: Rebirth on our PS5 here in Finland. But because the lag is quite significant, she asked me to do some timing dependent minigames on it today.

So I set up the PS5 to be able to stream to YouTube so she can watch, and then played the sections with her advice over a FaceTime call. All those times I've played the Yakuza series karaoke minigame came into good use because a few of the FF7 ones were similar.

Then I gave the reins back to her and watched her beat a boss encounter.

It's pretty awesome that you can be on the opposite side of the world and play together like this.

Currently playing Balatro. A card game that you might love if you enjoyed Slay the Spire.
And Unicorn Overlord. A strategy JRPG not unlike Disgaea, Fire Emblem, things like that.
Mostly just counting the days 'til the Elden Ring DLC. \[T]/

Re-created myself in Dragon's Dogma 2 and made my pawn a babe. So fuckin stoked for this shit

DD2.jpg

I see we have very different approaches to character building.

I need to take some screenshots of my Dark Souls 3 characters. They are all real ugly mofos. I just crack up whenever I see them in a cutscene.

Naw haha literally all of my characters are abominations.....this is the first time I've ever tried to take a serious crack at it :rofl

The depth of customization in the DD2 creator is almost overwhelming; best one I've ever seen personally. The one negative is most of the male long hairstyles are kinda bad

Back