Video Games

Spent more of the weekend than I’d care to admit on RDR2.

17% :bag

Highlight was for once in my life actually trying to help someone on the side of the path, on my way to see bounty hunter on the snow mountain. Of course the dude tried to attack me and my horse got killed in the melee. So I had to spend an hour climbing the mountain and back on foot to finish task.

I still haven’t figured out why everyone doesn’t just kill Dutch and go on their way, but the game wouldn’t be much fun I guess.
Wait, 17% completion in one weekend? I don't think I got that far in the year or so I picked away at that game. :O

Wait, 17% completion in one weekend? I don't think I got that far in the year or so I picked away at that game. :O

:ROFLMAO:

I’m up to 33% after a couple weekends. I am intentionally not skipping the strangers and their missions which is slowing me down some. I think I’m inching towards the part where they move camps to the New Orleans themed city which is about where I bailed the first time. It is a bit of a slow burn, especially if you aren’t just mission hopping from the main line.

I think one of the more interesting things between that game and GTA is that you can mow down hundreds of NPC’s in GTA and not think anything of it, but you can play RDR2, find some random NPC riding on a trail, hogtie them up and on your way to drop them on some railroad tracks or off a ledge, I’d always start feeling guilty. :rofl

It’s interesting because I didn’t notice it as much the first time through, but it did cross my mind this time that these guys are sorta low key pieces of shit. lol They rob/kill their way across the countryside under the guise that they are looking for a peaceful place to settle. Yeah everyone is after you, you’ve killed or stolen from every one of them. :ROFLMAO:

RDR1 was about redemption, this one I’m not sure yet, but I guess I have a bit to go on the story.

:ROFLMAO:

I’m up to 33% after a couple weekends. I am intentionally not skipping the strangers and their missions which is slowing me down some. I think I’m inching towards the part where they move camps to the New Orleans themed city which is about where I bailed the first time. It is a bit of a slow burn, especially if you aren’t just mission hopping from the main line.

It’s interesting because I didn’t notice it as much the first time through, but it did cross my mind this time that these guys are sorta low key pieces of shit. lol They rob/kill their way across the countryside under the guise that they are looking for a peaceful place to settle. Yeah everyone is after you, you’ve killed or stolen from every one of them. :ROFLMAO:

RDR1 was about redemption, this one I’m not sure yet, but I guess I have a bit to go on the story.

Hahahaha I don’t even know how low key it is since they talk about a robbery gone wrong right away. :rofl

You feel mostly settled by the time you finish it. You’ll know it by the time the game turns into Farmwork Simulator.

Had a nasty sinus infection over the weekend so I pretty much just gelled the entire time; finished Cookie Cutter and the new Momodora.

Both are awesome if you enjoy a good Metroidvania - especially Cookie Cutter

In case anyone thinks I'm a snob:

I raced with a Logitech Driving Force wheel that I bought in 1999 for $80 new right up until 14 months ago. Peeps couldn't believe that the thing was still working but I treat everything tech with kid gloves.

So I held out for 24 years before upgrading to something decent. :bonk :facepalm

In case anyone thinks I'm a snob:

I raced with a Logitech Driving Force wheel that I bought in 1999 for $80 new right up until 14 months ago. Peeps couldn't believe that the thing was still working but I treat everything tech with kid gloves.

So I held out for 24 years before upgrading to something decent. :bonk :facepalm

Hey brother, great to see ya here!

I'm finally wrapping up Cyberpunk 2077 after over 100 hours. DLC was great, and worth playing the key twists again to get all the endings. Especially one of them I did not expect at all!

The game is still a buggy mess at times, but overall nothing truly bad.

In one late game section you are riding in a car as a passenger and supposed to stop at a specific place. The AI drove way, way past it, then decided "hey I needed to go to that place", did a U-turn, then drove to a completely wrong place, hitting several cars along the way trying to get past them, then did another U-turn. I finally tried to skip the ride, but it spawned somewhere far away from the destination and the AI driver then attempted to drive off a bridge. Had to load from a save to make it work right.

I'm very close to buying this one. Nintendo sent me a 15% off coupon and if I can figure that out, it should just about push me off the fence. I really loved Paper Mario Thousand Year Door way back when, but for some reason we just never seem to actually use our Switch. :idk
Yeah it's definitely not worth the full $60 I'm sure but that's just how it is. Have you looked into the "new" paper Mario that came out a year or so ago? Origami something something

Yeah it's definitely not worth the full $60 I'm sure but that's just how it is. Have you looked into the "new" paper Mario that came out a year or so ago? Origami something something
No , I wasn't really tuned in at that point because we were "between Switches". (Our first literally collected dust, so I asked my kid if we could sell it, and she said, "Go ahead." Then she guilt tripped me for two years until I caved and bought another one. Which is now literally collecting dust.)

I think I bought "Sticker Star" or whatever it was called and thought it was kind of shallow and pointless. The original Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door were really clever. Hoping Super Mario RPG (though not part of the "Paper" lineage) will capture some of that.

No , I wasn't really tuned in at that point because we were "between Switches". (Our first literally collected dust, so I asked my kid if we could sell it, and she said, "Go ahead." Then she guilt tripped me for two years until I caved and bought another one. Which is now literally collecting dust.)

I think I bought "Sticker Star" or whatever it was called and thought it was kind of shallow and pointless. The original Paper Mario and Thousand Year Door were really clever. Hoping Super Mario RPG (though not part of the "Paper" lineage) will capture some of that.
Gotcha. Yeah Origami King I thought was really fun but the battle system was repetitive and sometimes confusing.

I'm probably talking to an old pro but you know Mario RPG is a remake, correct?

I bought the Super Mario RPG game when it first came out. I got bored of it kind of fast. I may give it another go some time this year to see if it has more than I saw from it. It was pretty repetitive.

I like the Switch platform. I have spent many hours with Zelda BOTW and TOTK. I have quite a few games for the system.

I'm probably talking to an old pro...
Well, you're at least half right. ;) (And the last time I checked, my video game hobby wasn't turning much of a profit.)

I'm probably talking to an old pro... but you know Mario RPG is a remake, correct?
Yes, but I understand they made quite a few changes, too? I've never played the original, so I guess it's neither here nor there.

Sounds like you need a PSVR2 kit! :)
Ha!

Whilst it's true that PSVR2 in GT7 is apparently the best VR experience on PS5, the driving view I like (bonnet cam) isn't available. You have to use the in-car view.

Also, for "serious" racers there's some critical race info missing from the HUD, like opponents' positions on the leader board and deltas to the car in front and behind you as well as P1.

Were it not for these shortcomings, as well as the limited utility for extended sessions, I reckon most drivers would've gone for it.

Hey brother, great to see ya here!
Hmm... where have I seen that ugly mutt before? :grin

Right back at ya Brother Drew. :beer

61% through RDR2. Game has lost the plot after the island hopping diversion. Back in St Denis the second time now and I hate everyone in the gang. Arthur deserves a brutal death for not running off with Mary, and being Dutch’s bitch. This “let’s continually follow Dutch, who’s done nothing but make horrible decisions while being an obnoxious blowhard” storyline is making me root against everyone. The only person I half like is Sadie Adler, because she is the only one with a set of balls (figuratively) that doesn’t act like a sniffling weasel.

I’m also at the stare at the back of a horses ass for twenty minutes to get anywhere phase of the game. The fast travel function doesn’t really help because the problem isn’t getting from one city to the next, since you only having missions surrounding one city at a time generally. I rode 15 minutes to the docks to have a dude tell me to ride 15 minutes in the opposite direction to meet someone. FUCK YOU I’m going to play blackjack, you’re on your own writing that book, dick.

61% through RDR2. Game has lost the plot after the island hopping diversion. Back in St Denis the second time now and I hate everyone in the gang. Arthur deserves a brutal death for not running off with Mary, and being Dutch’s bitch. This “let’s continually follow Dutch, who’s done nothing but make horrible decisions while being an obnoxious blowhard” storyline is making me root against everyone. The only person I half like is Sadie Adler, because she is the only one with a set of balls (figuratively) that doesn’t act like a sniffling weasel.

I’m also at the stare at the back of a horses ass for twenty minutes to get anywhere phase of the game. The fast travel function doesn’t really help because the problem isn’t getting from one city to the next, since you only having missions surrounding one city at a time generally. I rode 15 minutes to the docks to have a dude tell me to ride 15 minutes in the opposite direction to meet someone. FUCK YOU I’m going to play blackjack, you’re on your own writing that book, dick.
What platform?

I'm on the PC and added a fast travel mod. Much better.

Back