Universal Audio UAFX Anti 1992 High Gain Pedal

Henning says just buy this and the KMA Machines Endgame, so you can have XLR out, and headphone out. So, just spend $780, and have two sounds, no MIDI. Awesome. UA makes awesome plugins and interfaces, but they're out of their fucking minds with pedals.
That KMA pedal would be a lot cooler if it also did convolution reverbs. I was bored last night messing around with my HX Stomp. I thought I would see what happened if I put an IR of an outboard spring reverb. It was a little too short, but it actually did the drippy surf thing lol

That KMA pedal would be a lot cooler if it also did convolution reverbs. I was bored last night messing around with my HX Stomp. I thought I would see what happened if I put an IR of an outboard spring reverb. It was a little too short, but it actually did the drippy surf thing lol
I wonder; that should work if you use an Amp+Cab block, then an IR with the reverb, right? If so, that’s really fucking cool.

Here is a link to what it sounds like. Its a dsp hog. You have to use legacy if you want an amp and cab with it. But it does do a short little drip lol This is all I can run, I cant add a cab or its too much. The reverb is from a Past to Future pack of IRs from the 6G15 Fender Tank. Sorry about the audio not being great. This is just a proof of concept lol

Screenshot 2024-08-23 211249.png

Here is a link to what it sounds like. Its a dsp hog. You have to use legacy if you want an amp and cab with it. But it does do a short little drip lol This is all I can run, I cant add a cab or its too much. The reverb is from a Past to Future pack of IRs from the 6G15 Fender Tank. Sorry about the audio not being great. This is just a proof of concept lol

View attachment 27144

Very cool, but maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze, if it’s that much of a hog.

Very cool, but maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze, if it’s that much of a hog.
No, I just wanted to see if it would work at all. I have my Ventris it does a decent drip. I have started seeing IRs for all sorts of studio gear. Tape machines, and really anything you can think of that you can run a signal to. Not sure how well an IR does compression yet.

I would not buy a UA pedal unless you want to pay $200 minimum for a "pre authorization" just to send them your bricked pedal to look at and hopefully fix it. Who knows if they charge you additional to that to fix it as well.

Henning taught me how to use this pedal but I'm very impressed! Also, what does Glenn think? :)

You’re awesome Jon, but there’s absolutely no way I have any urge to watch that video.

I do care about what you think about this pedal though and would appreciate your insight. Do you fancy writing some thoughts about it here? No one has done a good A/B with the real thing yet and I’d love to know how well UA’s amp modelling holds up, given it’s a fairly new area for them.

The whole geartuber thing is so unrelatable and weird to me, forums are a better alternative for me.

You’re awesome Jon, but there’s absolutely no way I have any urge to watch that video.

I do care about what you think about this pedal though and would appreciate your insight. Do you fancy writing some thoughts about it here? No one has done a good A/B with the real thing yet and I’d love to know how well UA’s amp modelling holds up, given it’s a fairly new area for them.

The whole geartuber thing is so unrelatable and weird to me, forums are a better alternative for me.

Honestly, my thoughts, initial impressions and tones are in that video. If you don't want to watch it that's fine but it might answer some of your questions.

It sounds awesome and it has all the controls you'd need and more! (Built in boost etc) I need one for my own studio for comparisons etc but my initial impressions were really good.
Would be great if you’re able to put one through its paces as you’ve done excellent 5150 comparisons and videos in the past.

There is a ton of noise to sift through on youtube as there’s a big PR campaign of UA giving out freebies left right and centre. I’m waiting for a video where it’s really put through its paces rather than just a soy face OMG I LOVE IT video (which is fine but it’s less useful).

Would be great if you’re able to put one through its paces as you’ve done excellent 5150 comparisons and videos in the past.

There is a ton of noise to sift through on youtube as there’s a big PR campaign of UA giving out freebies left right and centre. I’m waiting for a video where it’s really put through its paces rather than just a soy face OMG I LOVE IT video (which is fine but it’s less useful).

The whole point of the video is that Henning gives me a rundown of most of the features of the pedal and I discover it on the spot. It's actually a lot of fun and tells you a lot about the pedal.

The whole point of the video is that Henning gives me a rundown of most of the features of the pedal and I discover it on the spot. It's actually a lot of fun and tells you a lot about the pedal.
Yeah that’s cool, I just already know the features and how the pedal works. There’s no way I won’t be sifting through that video trying to find what i’m actually interested in vs bad jokes and redundant information. I also don’t really know Henning’s experience with 5150’s, and Glenn Fricker’s tones are…… not always for me. Can’t say I like either of their content and presentation style is something I can’t really deal with either.

Click or Die.
gordon ramsay cooking GIF by Masterchef
excited ralph wiggum GIF

Not even gonna lie, I will watch this video later ...just because of the people in it. Don't care about the product at all ....look forward to seeing these personalities interact!

Also, this is not a snark....👍

I'll admit that it was a lot of fun to make that video. I actually really enjoyed going in unprepared and discovering the thing on camera, that's not what I usually do. Having some really nice people around me was a huge bonus too!

it sounds awesome to me. Still think there should've been an authentic master as I remember my friends Peav had a lot going there, its a matter of taste also, some like the different ways the master impact the overall sound.

@GuitarJon would be really cool if you did a vid... if im watching high gain YouTube reviews, its yours.

it sounds awesome to me. Still think there should've been an authentic master as I remember my friends Peav had a lot going there, its a matter of taste also, some like the different ways the master impact the overall sound.
You mean the post gain? I thought I read that it's in the app?

Back