Universal Audio UAFX Anti 1992 High Gain Pedal

Even if UA did some sort of aio modeler ..... just imagine how shitfull the support / FW updates would be ....... would make Atomic look good !!!!

Sounds like a flaming bag of dog shit.

Henning says just buy this and the KMA Machines Endgame, so you can have XLR out, and headphone out. So, just spend $780, and have two sounds, no MIDI. Awesome. UA makes awesome plugins and interfaces, but they're out of their fucking minds with pedals.

Yep .... just did a re-listen .... I just don't get it ... to me .... it just sounds shit ..... and if as you guys say the MV is critical ..... thats a massive f%cking omission ?!?!?

Just like their Ruby pedal .... maybe it does accurately model the AC30 they used but if thats the case they need to hire a new Amp buyer. Yet to hear a Ruby demo that the Fractal and Helix couldn't do way better.

The TC Ampworx DC30 [AC30] sounds way better in all the demo's I've listened to.

Ben

Last edited:
Sounds like a flaming bag of dog shit.
Ill Be Back Jim Carrey GIF

Why? I have not followed UA at all so I am curious. For your statement, not for the pedal. Pedal's not interesting tbh.
- Lack of remote control. MIDI and expression are pretty standard options in this price range for other manufacturers of digital pedals.
- Lack of multiple presets. Swapping them from the app is not a proper option.
- Forced UA account registration to access all pedal features. There is no technical reason for this, BT pairing handles security.
- No power-up mode fallback for app features if you can't get it to connect.
- Need a computer for firmware updates, but a mobile app for pedal settings. Why can't the mobile app also update the pedal or the computer app adjust it?

UA has been given shit about these for years yet they choose to ignore it.

Any demos that aren’t just someone chugging power chords? You’d think that these companies would want someone that can actually play to demo their products. Where are all the Pete Thorns?
Mark Johnston is exactly who you're looking for:

- Lack of remote control. MIDI and expression are pretty standard options in this price range for other manufacturers of digital pedals.
- Lack of multiple presets. Swapping them from the app is not a proper option.
- Forced UA account registration to access all pedal features. There is no technical reason for this, BT pairing handles security.
- No power-up mode fallback for app features if you can't get it to connect.
- Need a computer for firmware updates, but a mobile app for pedal settings. Why can't the mobile app also update the pedal or the computer app adjust it?

UA has been given shit about these for years yet they choose to ignore it.
If this pedal was entirely independent with and extra row of knobs so that every value was WYSIWYG, I'd be really into it, even at the price point, but for all the reasons you mentioned I'm not.

Funnily enough, there was long thread about this on the guitarpedals subreddit, but someone asked the OP if they were affiliated with Zzounds because of their post history, and they deleted the post and their comments lol...

Anyway, while these pedals aren't for me, and I'm glad they work out for people who do like them and are fine with the missing features (though some of UA's practices still give me the ick), they do usually sound good... but something about this one just doesn't sound great to me? Comparing these to the Helix, I've always felt "well, I think the Helix can match it, but it'll take some tweaking and great IRs", but between the Vitriol and Panama, I feel like the Helix can easily outclass this without any tweaking at all, to say nothing of the 5150 sounds I know the QC and Fractals are capable of. To me, without this immediately sounding impressive (like how the UA Dream and Lion do), it kills the appeal of / argument that these are fine-tuned, specialized pedals that "just work".

Back