Universal Audio UAFX Anti 1992 High Gain Pedal

Am I the only one who thinks these digital modeling pedals with just one model are totally dumb? They could have released a single pedal able to load whichever model of your choice... but no, they chose to release a bunch of pedals that differ only for the graphics and the firmware loaded.
I guess they can milk much more cash this way (but I'm not so sure)

Am I the only one who thinks these digital modeling pedals with just one model are totally dumb? They could have released a single pedal able to load whichever model of your choice... but no, they chose to release a bunch of pedals that differ only for the graphics and the firmware loaded.
Completely agree. UA’s value proposition has always been highly questionable.

I’ll bet my left nut that every one of these pedals have similar guts and could probably run the firmware of each of them.

I’ll bet my right nut.
1725130539322.gif

I sort of think it’s dumb, but there is a market that wants this stuff and it would be even more dumb of UA not to sell it to them for as much as they can possibly get away with.

Ultimately the pedals mostly meet the demands of those buying them, and those of us that don’t really “get” them aren’t the intended audience anyway.

I sort of think it’s dumb, but there is a market that wants this stuff and it would be even more dumb of UA not to sell it to them for as much as they can possibly get away with.

Ultimately the pedals mostly meet the demands of those buying them, and those of us that don’t really “get” them aren’t the intended audience anyway.
I agree with that too. I mean, yay capitalism. If there weren’t a market, they wouldn’t continue churning them out.
I think stuff like the Iridium are a better value though, while still being simplistic.

My question is, how many of these Dumble pedals does UA think they’re going to sell?

I mean, Dumble isn’t exactly a household name like the others, that is, unless you’re a gear forum user. I could be wrong, but I can’t see this one selling nearly as well as the other.
A lot. You can buy a real Deluxe Reverb, Plexi, AC30 or 5150 for reasonable money any day. You can't buy a Dumble without deep pockets and even clones are very expensive.

Dumble is all about the unobtainium factor, so having a pedal that sounds like one will be enticing to the subgroup that is into that.

My question is, how many of these Dumble pedals does UA think they’re going to sell?

I mean, Dumble isn’t exactly a household name like the others, that is, unless you’re a gear forum user. I could be wrong, but I can’t see this one selling nearly as well as the other.
I would maybe follow this line of reasoning if there weren’t a million posts, articles and videos on YouTube about the lore of dumble amps, pretty much anyone who gets into reading about guitar gear knows about dumble. Some of the most famous guitar players are dumble owners.

Same sort of thing as how many people have ACTUALLY played a 68 plexi and old greenbacks?

With Dumble, I feel like most people have learned to cope just fine without it, you just assume it’s unlikely you’ll ever own the real deal and use a clone/pedal/emulation. Hard for me to understand the appeal because I don’t really like the sound of them at all.

Yeah how many members on TOP?
I bet at least 10 % will grab one.
that would probably make it the highest selling pedal of all time, even if 1% of TOP members bought one, they’d be doing well.

Same sort of thing as how many people have ACTUALLY played a 68 plexi and old greenbacks?

With Dumble, I feel like most people have learned to cope just fine without it, you just assume it’s unlikely you’ll ever own the real deal and use a clone/pedal/emulation. Hard for me to understand the appeal because I don’t really like the sound of them at all.

that would probably make it the highest selling pedal of all time, even if 1% of TOP members bought one, they’d be doing well.
Well of the 4 real Dumbles, 2 Dumble modded Fender and Marshall, the only ones I don't dig is the ODS.
Actually almost ordered in 95 and changed my mind before sending the deposit.
Back then they were like between 4-5 k while my XTCcombo was 2500 in 94.

And yeah the Plexi thing is hilarious

finally a comparison. It’s sort of close, but the areas where the differences are, are kind of unpleasant. a kind of static/plasticky attack? The way it compresses sounds different to the amp. Could be how it’s dialled in, but I’ve heard that top end of the UA pedal in a few demos now.

I’m gapping out…what’s TOP?

Back