Two Notes OPUS!!!

I'm about to dig in heavier with mine tonight. So far I'm hearing potential there, but I will say most of the presets leave a lot to be desired. I don't understand how some of them even made it in there, lol. But with some good tweaking it's getting there. May record a track tonight or tomorrow and see where it goes.

I'm about to dig in heavier with mine tonight. So far I'm hearing potential there, but I will say most of the presets leave a lot to be desired. I don't understand how some of them even made it in there, lol. But with some good tweaking it's getting there. May record a track tonight or tomorrow and see where it goes.

Dont forget :) to test / demonstrate the max. gain in-built for the Fender and Vox models with HB's / SC's !

Ben

Last edited:

Any updates / thoughts / tests etc..... (?)

Ben

Any updates / thoughts / tests etc..... (?)

Ben
I did play it today but not as much as I wanted. I'm more into putting a song together with it so when I get something done I'll post it. Doing test/comparison clips is not really my thing. :grin

But, what I can say so far is - the Foxy preamp gets a decent grit at max gain, and using the Enhance controls works like a boost so it helps here to push the gain a bit more. It's not singing sustain though. I liked it with a PAF Pro bridge pickup. The Foundry preamp has less gain overall which you'd expect. Maxed out it's like a hot twin reverb with a boost, but nothing over-the-top. Overall, the controls have a lot of range so subtle changes make big differences.

The Nifty and Albion preamps are cool too, and so far all the models seem to take OD and distortion pedals well.

When I have more time with it I'll share some thoughts again. I will say though, as of now, if you're used to Helix or similar device the Opus won't knock your socks off.

It's been a very busy few weeks but finally was able to work on a track yesterday. Just a quick little ditty. I kept my word. :grin

I think the tones are very useable for tracking, and I'm curious how a small pedalboard setup would workout in a band context. TBD on that.

For this track I used the Foxy and full gain on the Left rhtm guitar, full gained Foundry on the Right rhtm. Did that for you --@BenIfin.
Nifty 50 up the middle for the heavier melody riff, gain over 50%. Peggy for the bass.
The wah guitar is from a real amp/wah through a Suhr RLIR box. So not a 100% Opus, sorry.

Please don't ask me for accurate settings... I didn't save my presets. :facepalm Stupid, I know. I'm really bad about that stuff as I just get caught in the moment of playing.

edit: all reverbs/delays are in post plugins.

seriously? You thought that didn't sound ratty?

No. I found that tone to be quite decent. And fwiw, I don't care whether it's "authentic". Never did and no plans to change that, either. Otoh, it doesn't make me lust after the device, either, but that's got more to do with other things.

No. I found that tone to be quite decent. And fwiw, I don't care whether it's "authentic". Never did and no plans to change that, either. Otoh, it doesn't make me lust after the device, either, but that's got more to do with other things.
authentic wasn't even on my mind but that's the except tone i abhore.
Different strokes....

Back