Tried the Valeton GP200 today

pipelineaudio

Shredder
For a guy who has spent ungodly money on every unit you can think of from axe to QC for about ten years....We really had what he wanted close with the gt1000 core, since he likes the boss stuff, but eventually he wanted to try something else, and that ended up being the valeton for this round

Pretty cool! EXCELLENT user interface, like absolutely awesome (once you learned it the first time). Took IRs with zero issues.

I have yet to find out if you can properly send to an amp (without cab sim) and PA (with cab sim) at the same time. No dual paths, some fixed fx for the most part, but still pretty damn cool!

Last edited:
Is there a way to get rid of or hide the "bank up/down" and "tap" switches in stomp mode?

It'd be nice having 8 effects switches and the rocker pedal (given auto wah on/off is possible, which I assume).

Last edited:
Looks like a pretty cool and capable unit for the price, and it has an editor. Is this based on the same hw as Hotone stuff?

Looks like a pretty cool and capable unit for the price, and it has an editor. Is this based on the same hw as Hotone stuff?
Hotone, Valeton, Sonicake - same family of companies. I went to install the Valeton GP-100 editor on my Mac and the window said it was installing Hotone Ampero editor software.

Judging from marketing blurb, only preamps are modeled, no power amp sections similar to the GP-100 my son has.

Meh, GP-100 cost me about $125 before taxes. It was my son's first forray into guitar effects and amps and that price is as reasonable as it gets.
No that makes total sense. But just grown ups buying it for grown up/above basement jams/headphone use is just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Man, my late singer/bandleader would show up with his Digitech Elements run into the front of his Crate combo and leave with a wad of cash. I stopped caring about that stuff at that point
Yep for gigs it doesnt matter much at all. Just for giggles I gigged a Joyo British and a wah pedal straight to PA to see if I could get through a gig with it without losing my mind and had no problems and the typical crowd at the place seemed to enjoy things like they always do. It was an oldies gig so I didn't need much past edge of breakup but it worked. Of course I had my Helix LT waiting in the wings but never had to use it.

These cheaper units just don't make any sense to me. Not because of any sort of snobbery or naything. But you can get Boss/L6/HR whatever for a super reasonable price.
That's probably because you probably don't live in a part of the world where the cheapest Boss or L6 modeler cost as much as someones whole paycheck. Or more.

Yep for gigs it doesnt matter much at all. Just for giggles I gigged a Joyo British and a wah pedal straight to PA to see if I could get through a gig with it without losing my mind and had no problems and the typical crowd at the place seemed to enjoy things like they always do. It was an oldies gig so I didn't need much past edge of breakup but it worked. Of course I had my Helix LT waiting in the wings but never had to use it.
Those Joyos and the Tech 21 pedals they were based on are awesome. I used a Tech 21 Brit and a couple of other pedals for my first direct gig and I LOVED it.

I just did this after watching Arena 2000 and Valeton GP-200 demos. Checked the firmware release notes for the GP-200 and it sealed it for me. Let's see if it can unseat the MX5 as my backup rig.

Brand new unit. Guy just bought it to make a demo video and then boxed it up.

1698070102833.png

Neither of those units entered my radar until today.
Some of the other stuff that sealed it for me was a good sounding/tracking poly pitch, all 8 footswitches can be assigned to anything, and I like the look of it better than the Arena 2000

Last edited:
Back