Tried the Valeton GP200 today

This really blew my mind. Totally objective Pro reviewing it after 6 months of use.

Some gigantic claims within. "Blows away Amplifire". Turned Kemper into an ornament, pisses on ToneX software...

Last edited:
We use it for all the kids bands at the school, now have two 200's and a 200LT. I'm constantly blown away how sensible it is, even allows you to easily split left and right for cab, no cab

Can the expression pedal do switchless/auto on/off for wah models?

Seems really good for the money

I just did this after watching Arena 2000 and Valeton GP-200 demos. Checked the firmware release notes for the GP-200 and it sealed it for me. Let's see if it can unseat the MX5 as my backup rig.

Brand new unit. Guy just bought it to make a demo video and then boxed it up.

View attachment 12544

Neither of those units entered my radar until today.
Some of the other stuff that sealed it for me was a good sounding/tracking poly pitch, all 8 footswitches can be assigned to anything, and I like the look of it better than the Arena 2000
Hey Bob,

Let us know the scoop on the Valeton GP200...

@Bob Zaod / Are you on the other forum ? I read on the Valeton GP-200 thread about the update: Version 1.4.0 (Released 9/28/2023)

Also it is HIGHLY recommended to use other Cab IRs (YA if you have them) for best results !

But if you already know all this just disregard. Now you got me looking at these GP-200s...damn you Bob !! :clint :rofl

I just did this after watching Arena 2000 and Valeton GP-200 demos. Checked the firmware release notes for the GP-200 and it sealed it for me. Let's see if it can unseat the MX5 as my backup rig.

Brand new unit. Guy just bought it to make a demo video and then boxed it up.

View attachment 12544

Neither of those units entered my radar until today.
Some of the other stuff that sealed it for me was a good sounding/tracking poly pitch, all 8 footswitches can be assigned to anything, and I like the look of it better than the Arena 2000

I just received an offer to buy a NEW GP-200 for $314 FREE shipping and a 30 return policy. I'm thinkin' about it !

@Bob Zaod / Are you on the other forum ? I read on the Valeton GP-200 thread about the update: Version 1.4.0 (Released 9/28/2023)

Also it is HIGHLY recommended to use other Cab IRs (YA if you have them) for best results !

But if you already know all this just disregard. Now you got me looking at these GP-200s...damn you Bob !! :clint :rofl
I only knew cos I went and found the release notes but thanks for the reminder to update it if I need to. Hey I will even try to make some audio clips once wrap my head around how it's dialed properly. Most modelers the last 5 years or so are totally usable. Just gotta figure out how they skinned the cat so to speak. Modelers in general aren't much different than an amp. Gotta find it's sweet spots but not just in the amps and cabs, the effects too. The first time I got an MX5 I hated it and sent it back. Jammed with a guy that used one and he sounded great so I bought another one and used some of his tips and took it from there. The MX5 can sound and feel fantastic but is admittedly limited.

Back