Tried the Valeton GP200 today

I just received an offer to buy a NEW GP-200 for $314 FREE shipping and a 30 return policy. I'm thinkin' about it !
Didn’t you just buy Ampero2 stomp and Ampero Mini ?
Will be interesting to see how this compares

Didn’t you just buy Ampero2 stomp and Ampero Mini ?
Will be interesting to see how this compares

I know you were responding to MindCrime but I am anxious too to see/hear also because I recently had an FM3 and also had the FM9 at one point. I now have Helix LT and MX5.

Been watching some tutorials/tips videos and this thing has some pretty cool features. Definitely not neutered like the MG-30 (which I also owned) and someone had mentioned auto-engage for the wah and whammy but he never went into how to do it. The global EQ looks fantastic with parametric like frequency points that are movable on a graph. One click GLOBAL Cab/IR disabling of L/R outputs for running it to an amp return and PA at the same time, which is how I prefer to run any modeler. No static blocks, all movable to where you want them. I cant say for sure but it also looks like it has input monitoring via a line at the top of the screen. The editor looks to be very easy to use and looks great. Scenes/Snaps are kind of there, it's more like quasi snaps in that you can assign multiple things to one switch but not with different settings. All 8 switches are customizable.

Last edited:
I know you were responding to MindCrime but I am anxious too to see/hear also because I recently had an FM3 and also had the FM9 at one point. I now have Helix LT and MX5.

Been watching some tutorials/tips videos and this thing has some pretty cool features. Definitely not neutered like the MG-30 (which I also owned) and someone had mentioned auto-engage for the wah and whammy but he never went into how to do it. The global EQ looks fantastic with parametric like frequency points that are movable on a graph. One click GLOBAL Cab/IR disabling of L/R outputs for running it to an amp return and PA at the same time, which is how I prefer to run any modeler. No static blocks, all movable to where you want them. I cant say for sure but it also looks like it has input monitoring via a line at the top of the screen. The editor looks to be very easy to use and looks great. Scenes/Snaps are kind of there, it's more like quasi snaps in that you can assign multiple things to one switch but not with different settings. All 8 switches are customizable.
That sounds good so far!

I wonder what the catch is... 🤷‍♂️

From the description on the official website, there's 11 blocks, and with 8 switches and an auto on/off treadle, that'd make 9 instantly accessible effects/models, with decent-enough sound quality, all in a 350€ unit... Weird.

Maybe DSP limits, if there are any?

With the new updates "Hold" and "Freeze" and incorporating the looper & drum machine, one could experiment with something

similiar to the intro to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". I'm certain it will pull off the rock, djent, metal stuff but I'm concerned with

the "everything else in between" tones. (Timmons, Lukather, Gilmour, Graydon, Landau, Ford).

For the PRICE , even for a BRAND NEW unit, this does a lot !

The key secret...USE imported Cab IRs.

With the new updates "Hold" and "Freeze" and incorporating the looper & drum machine, one could experiment with something

similiar to the intro to "Shine On You Crazy Diamond". I'm certain it will pull off the rock, djent, metal stuff but I'm concerned with

the "everything else in between" tones. (Timmons, Lukather, Gilmour, Graydon, Landau, Ford).
I guess I'd rather go for a kitchen sink preset resembling a nine-pedal board, along with a preamp and a (slight) noise gate running in the background.

Slam this into a nice power amp + cab, and you're all set.

Probably a fun backup rig!

For a guy who has spent ungodly money on every unit you can think of from axe to QC for about ten years....We really had what he wanted close with the gt1000 core, since he likes the boss stuff, but eventually he wanted to try something else, and that ended up being the valeton for this round

Pretty cool! EXCELLENT user interface, like absolutely awesome (once you learned it the first time). Took IRs with zero issues.

I have yet to find out if you can properly send to an amp (without cab sim) and PA (with cab sim) at the same time. No dual paths, some fixed fx for the most part, but still pretty damn cool!

@pipelineaudio I have yet to find out if you can properly send to an amp (without cab sim) and PA (with cab sim) at the same time. No dual paths, some fixed fx for the most part, but still pretty damn cool!

I think it can ...in answer to your question. Check out this video starting aroung 20:25 - 20:30

I am honestly thinking of buying this for jamming around the house * (and too annoy @JiveTurkey with more posts about overseas sh**boxs),

its like a THR30 on steroids

46 amp models from Ampero 2 ,
bluetooth
AN IOS app
drum patterns
touchscreen

I am honestly thinking of buying this for jamming around the house * (and too annoy @JiveTurkey with more posts about overseas sh**boxs),

its like a THR30 on steroids

46 amp models from Ampero 2 ,
bluetooth
AN IOS app
drum patterns
touchscreen
I was thiiiiiiis close to buying some Ampero Stomp II Stage Stomp Mini Maxi Ultimate piece of shit till I watched a Leo video where it had like 29 seconds of latency. Or some such sort of thing :rofl

I was thiiiiiiis close to buying some Ampero Stomp II Stage Stomp Mini Maxi Ultimate piece of shit till I watched a Leo video where it had like 29 seconds of latency. Or some such sort of thing :rofl
JT would have enough time to put his tinsel wig on before the chord registered 😂

JT would have enough time to put his tinsel wig on before the chord registered 😂
Slow Motion Turtle GIF by BBC America

Looks like the United Poky Shippers (UPS) decided I dont need my GP200 until Friday. Yes I am awake at nearly 2am MST because I think one of my relatives was shot up in Maine last night and I am waiting to hear back about it.

1698306168859.png

I was glad to hear he was nowhere near it.

Bob, That's great news. Your relative is ok !

About the Valeton GP-200.....I found this review on a Reverb posting & thought you might like this....

After having this pedal for a day, i'm already wondering why no one knows about these, and why they are so affordable. This pedal is great, and the best part for me, it can actually handle Hi-Gain! It can actually give you great metal tones! This has been the Achilles Heel of every Amp Modeler for me. Not this time. every Hi-Gain amp behaves extremely similar to the amp it models, Specific nod to the ENGL Savage 120 Model, that is a fire-breathing monster of a patch. The only thing i will nit-pick here is the lack of pre-amp and power section split in an amp, it would be nice to have those separate in the chain. but that's really a lot to ask for at this price point. And Honestly, it's just fine as it is. This is more of a "It would be Perfect if". The cabinet models actually sound great, though I admit, I do already have my OwnHammer IR's loaded. The Reverbs and delays sound amazing, Mods sound great, the pre and distortion block are really great, amps handle boost just like my tube amps do. That really blew me away, the boosted EVH sounds just like my 6505 with a boost out front. The adjustable signal chain is also a real win for me, being able to move the EQ, Noise Gate, Mods, delays and reverb is really impressive. Looper works well enough for my needs, very very accurate, again, considering the price point. The drum machine is kinda laughable but I gotta be honest, it's nice having a beat without firing up my computer for a drum machine. Overall, at this price point, this pedal is very very impressive. If you're considering it, don't hesitate to pick one of these up, you wont be disappointed.

Bob, That's great news. Your relative is ok !

About the Valeton GP-200.....I found this review on a Reverb posting & thought you might like this....

After having this pedal for a day, i'm already wondering why no one knows about these, and why they are so affordable. This pedal is great, and the best part for me, it can actually handle Hi-Gain! It can actually give you great metal tones! This has been the Achilles Heel of every Amp Modeler for me. Not this time. every Hi-Gain amp behaves extremely similar to the amp it models, Specific nod to the ENGL Savage 120 Model, that is a fire-breathing monster of a patch. The only thing i will nit-pick here is the lack of pre-amp and power section split in an amp, it would be nice to have those separate in the chain. but that's really a lot to ask for at this price point. And Honestly, it's just fine as it is. This is more of a "It would be Perfect if". The cabinet models actually sound great, though I admit, I do already have my OwnHammer IR's loaded. The Reverbs and delays sound amazing, Mods sound great, the pre and distortion block are really great, amps handle boost just like my tube amps do. That really blew me away, the boosted EVH sounds just like my 6505 with a boost out front. The adjustable signal chain is also a real win for me, being able to move the EQ, Noise Gate, Mods, delays and reverb is really impressive. Looper works well enough for my needs, very very accurate, again, considering the price point. The drum machine is kinda laughable but I gotta be honest, it's nice having a beat without firing up my computer for a drum machine. Overall, at this price point, this pedal is very very impressive. If you're considering it, don't hesitate to pick one of these up, you wont be disappointed.

Very cool. I've been watching more vids on it and this thing seems like it could qualify as "diamond in the rough" status. Can't wait to put it through some paces and see how it stacks up to the MX5 and Helix LT. At least on a tone quality level that is. I know it wont be as tweakable as the LT but definitely more tweakable than the MX5.

Back