TONEX - A softball ask for those who have been following this product and it’s discussion

Yeah I have an urge right now to build a way too expensive pedal board around the Tone X. I'm resisting.....for now
It's a killer little piece. Certainly. A board build out would be very nice with it as the centerpiece :guiness

The true test will be when the Mark VI comes out…
Pop Tv Bb21 GIF by Big Brother After Dark

With the size of the pedal, you could easily for the dsp for running four captures if not 64. Its nothing to do with the physical size, until you get WAY smaller than this, not sure if this is the DSP, but it will be similar sized

View attachment 4684
Here you go:

Here you go:

Welcome to the forum!

• 100%
Reactions: JT
Good evening everyone, it's very nice to be here. Jiveturkey, and Metropolis4 for inviting me I so appreciate it!

I first started out with you tonex free. I just got the pedal in 3 days ago. I have made a couple of captures of my own of my own and downloaded quite a few others. So far I'm having a great time with it.

A few weeks back, I bought a Kemper for the second time. I really love that thing and the huge library. But, to be completely honest, I find the captures I have made with my own IRS, more accurate to the amps themselves than I get with the Kemper. I still love the sound of the Kemper, but I am sorely tempted to move it on in favor of just the tonex pedal.

I already have a collection of overdrives delays and reverbs and pedal format to use with the Tonex. I can actually see that being a very easy transition for me.

Funny thing though, two or three weeks ago I was doing a gig, and I took my SLO 100 along to play through. I did not bring any extra preamp tubes along. All bad on me. In the middle of the first set, One preamp tube went bad and started squealing horribly. I had bought a Mooer Preamp X2 for just such contingencies. Fortunately, I had that in my gig bag. After 5 minutes of plugging it into my pedal board, and into front of house. I was fortunate to have a wedge pointed at my face for my own sound. That thing worked like an absolute champ. It did help that I had captured my own SLO and cab into that thing. So there was no incongruency in my sounds nor to my ears.

Gary

Good evening everyone, it's very nice to be here. Jiveturkey, and Metropolis4 for inviting me I so appreciate it!

I first started out with you tonex free. I just got the pedal in 3 days ago. I have made a couple of captures of my own of my own and downloaded quite a few others. So far I'm having a great time with it.

A few weeks back, I bought a Kemper for the second time. I really love that thing and the huge library. But, to be completely honest, I find the captures I have made with my own IRS, more accurate to the amps themselves than I get with the Kemper. I still love the sound of the Kemper, but I am sorely tempted to move it on in favor of just the tonex pedal.

I already have a collection of overdrives delays and reverbs and pedal format to use with the Tonex. I can actually see that being a very easy transition for me.

Funny thing though, two or three weeks ago I was doing a gig, and I took my SLO 100 along to play through. I did not bring any extra preamp tubes along. All bad on me. In the middle of the first set, One preamp tube went bad and started squealing horribly. I had bought a Mooer Preamp X2 for just such contingencies. Fortunately, I had that in my gig bag. After 5 minutes of plugging it into my pedal board, and into front of house. I was fortunate to have a wedge pointed at my face for my own sound. That thing worked like an absolute champ. It did help that I had captured my own SLO and cab into that thing. So there was no incongruency in my sounds nor to my ears.

Gary
Great seeing you here! Sucks about the SLO :( The Tone-X with some curated drive pedals is great!

Back