Tone X Capture Thread

and a reamp box so you aren’t hitting the amp with a line level signal. Some interfaces have reamp outputs but most don’t, so it’s best to find a decent one (to ensure the line level signal hits the amp the same as the guitar does).
True - mine does, which is why I didn't even think about it, and it is another reason to get ToneX Capture as in many cases it is going to be easier.

Last edited:
While I am reading at the same time I just discover that… you need even need a mic to do that ? 😳

So wait a minute . If some of you say that you don’t need the capture box, and also don’t need the tone x pedal to do this, the question is … how do you capture your amp so?

Basically if you want to capture your amp and play with the pedal somewhere you need to pay 300 + 469e … not so cheap so.

While I am reading at the same time I just discover that… you need even need a mic to do that ? 😳

So wait a minute . If some of you say that you don’t need the capture box, and also don’t need the tone x pedal to do this, the question is … how do you capture your amp so?
A picture is worth a thousand words.

Amp+Cab capture:

1680526605136.png

The blue section indicates where the signal comes out of your interface and into a re-amp box and then the front of my amp - in my case, "Out 5" is an instrument level "Amp Out", so I can go directly into the amp without the re-amp box. The graphic for the re-amp box shows a ToneX Capture box, but it could be any re-amp box, or you could probably just attenuate a regular line level signal down to instrument levels.

Amp only:

1680526859679.png

Here the graphic shows a ToneX Capture box in both the blue and yellow sections, but in my case the yellow "box" is the line out from one of my load boxes.

Thank you for the answers . I’m still a little bit curious about this product.

So all of you that are capturing your amps own the capture box?
Line output from my Quantum > Signal Arts Reamp Box > front of amp > amp speaker output into Suhr reactive load > Suhr reactive load without filtering coming into the Quantum.

Reactions: NKP
Basically if you want to capture your amp and play with the pedal somewhere you need to pay 300 + 469e … not so cheap so.
I captured an amp with the $50 TONEX SE software, using my laptop's built in soundcard, and an iRig HD 2. Obviously this isn't what you'd normally want to use, but I was away from home and the captures still turned out great.

You can use them on your phone or your computer without any extra purchase. If you know what you're doing, this is the least expensive capture product out there, except for NAM which is free/open-source.

Hi all - recent ToneX adopter here. My ToneX Capture re-amp/hardware arrived today. The $40 in points from IK (and no sales tax or shipping costs) made it kind of a no brainer since I have a few tube amps IMO.

Looking forward to testing out a few DI captures soon. I've got a Friedman Runt 20, Friedman DSM, and Morgan AC20 to capture. I like the profiles/capture "sets" that have incremental amounts of gain from clean to fully driven.

For those who like Marshall flavours and like to use their own IRs, I made a few captures of my 78 JMP and Suhr SL67. It's been a learning curve and I've been experimenting with my Suhr Reactive Load and Marshall Power Brake, and actually think the recent captures with the power brake have turned out well.
These are both with the amps turned pretty high on the master and not so much preamp gain, so they have a nice bounce and clean up well from the guitar and definitely like an OD pedal to push (I use a Maxon SD-9 and the York Audio Scott Henderson IRrs with them)

IMG_1440.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1440.JPG
    IMG_1440.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
Back