Tommy Aldridge Being An Absolute Badass

Insane! Drums are hard. Clearly the most physically demanding of all "rock" instruments.

I watched that a bit ago, and Tommy is such a bad ass that he is like, "I amped it up for the
live show, so what you hear on the record is not as good as what I actually would do on stage." :facepalm

:beer

Great drummer, but I will say something that's probably unpopular.... I don't think he and Rhoads were a good match. :sofa
Love the songs and all but Aldridge had more swing where as Randy didn't. There was a push and pull there, which some may like of course.

Ok, I'm confused.

Referring to the way he says he plays the intro, he's only hitting the snare once when he played it slowed down, but at speed he's clearly hitting it with both sticks, but it's written as just one hit.

So is he really using flams?

Ok, I'm confused.

Referring to the way he says he plays the intro, he's only hitting the snare once when he played it slowed down, but at speed he's clearly hitting it with both sticks, but it's written as just one hit.

So is he really using flams?

I can’t read for shit, but I’m assuming that smaller note on the staff next to the last hit is a ghost note/flam and probably one of those up for interpretation things. There’s a flam in there when he’s playing it.

I can’t read for shit, but I’m assuming that smaller note on the staff next to the last hit is a ghost note/flam and probably one of those up for interpretation things. There’s a flam in there when he’s playing it.
Yeah that last note is a flam, and that's what he plays.

But I'm talking about the snare hits during the riff itself. At the slower speed, it looks like how it's written, but then he plays it differently at tempo.

In that video he talks in several places about how he ALWAYS played it differently live than
it was recorded.

Imagine, he played it even busier than how it was recorded. :LOL:

Back