Tim Pierce … just cost me $$$ (PipeDream Fretworks)

It has arrived into the shop!

Looks like Rob took off all the rough bits and wiped on a little naptha to show the beauty 😃

IMG_4211.jpeg

What’s the plan?

Make a Pipedream Fretworks Chop6!

Other than a quilted maple cap,… I’m just gonna let Rob do his thing. Hell, we were going in a completely different direction until I mentioned I had that board lying around.

EMG active J bass pups.

When the guitar is done, I’ll have to call the guy that I bought the wood from so many years ago and show him what happened! (Hope his biz survived the wuflu … dunno)

Last edited:
Those look like carbon fiber reinforcement rods to the L & R of the Pocket for the truss rod.

Ahh... of course! There's also a massive channel down the middle for the rod which for I didn't notice :facepalm . Thanks for pointing that out! I've learned something - I had no idea carbon fibre was used in this way.

Ahh... of course! There's also a massive channel down the middle for the rod which for I didn't notice :facepalm . Thanks for pointing that out! I've learned something - I had no idea carbon fibre was used in this way.

Don’t feel poorly … The Chopsix as you accurately assessed, has massive amounts of tension on it.

It’s one of the reasons we didn’t do a full bookmatch face was to make sure that the neck was fully stabilized. (To do alternatively would’ve been a design change that required some prototyping.)

I think in the very first post, the back half of that video shows him building one up… You can see him insert the carbon fiber rods in one of those steps.

Back