Great Deal on new Vox semi-hollow body guitar

LScottK

Groupie
Vox is selling the Bobcat S66 and V90 on Reverb.com for $499. These normally sell for $1499 MSRP. These got favorable reviews at list price. They seem like a steal at $499. They are brand new from Vox with a 14 day return period. They come with original hardshell case.

V90 - https://reverb.com/item/58528343-vox-bobcat-v90-sunburst

S66 - https://reverb.com/item/58528336-vox-bobcat-s66-sunburst

Links are to Sunburst. They also have black and cherry at the same price.

Listen to this demo from Tim Pierce for tones from the V90. Of course Tim Pierce can make anything sound good. Never the less, the tones are pretty good, especially for $499. Used they are going for $750 and up on Guitar Center used website. So pretty low risk if you're looking for a deal on an under 7lb semi-hollow guitar with unique tones.

I've had one for 1.5 years. Other than the tuners (which I replaced with lockers) it's a solid guitar! I spent $1200 ish on mine at the time, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I've had one for 1.5 years. Other than the tuners (which I replaced with lockers) it's a solid guitar! I spent $1200 ish on mine at the time, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
What tuners did you install? Were they drop in or did you have to make any modifications?

Did you buy the V90 or S66? At that price, I couldn't resist. I should be able to get what I paid if I don't like it. But based upon the YouTube videos, my guess is that I'll like them both. I just wish that they were selling the Blue Sapphire V90 with Bigsby tailpiece at a similar deal. I like the blue color the best, but any of them are good looking guitars.

I used GraphTech PRL-8341-C0 Ratio's on my V90. Had to ream the holes a bit, was easy - just go slow. These tuners come with various plates, and one set lined up with one screw hole - so I had to drill one screw hole per tuner.

I think the vintage look matches up well with the guitar and they are f'n excellent. The originals were damn near useless for me. Worse I'd ever had on 15+ guitars, but then some people say they're fine. So go figure?¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back